• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for a fix for my Topping DX3 pro+ and LG C2

staticV3

Master Contributor
I have the same issue with my LG E7 and Khadas Toneboard, though less severe. Sometimes it plays fine for days, other times, there are interrupts every ~30 seconds.

I tried using the eARC output with an eARC to Coax adapter, but the issue persisted.

Afaik, all digital audio outputs on LG OLEDs are jittery to a point where they overwhelm the DAC's DPLL circuit.

The only solution seems to be another DAC that's known to tolerate the LG's awful signal, or a DAC with customizable DPLL like the SMSL SU-10.

OP
T

thiccy_mous3

Wait this? Because if that is the one I could almost buy a different tv with a better optical port for that price.
Are there any cheaper options that sound better than the prozor?

Sokel

Master Contributor
I have the same issue with my LG E7 and Khadas Toneboard, though less severe. Sometimes it plays fine for days, other times, there are interrupts every ~30 seconds.
You can have access to it with Ian Canada controller (I'm sure you already know that),maybe not worth it but it's a solution if anyone wants to.

Edit as friend asked:No SBC needed,only a breakout board and a FPC cable for the 30pin 8 channel extension header to make it easy.

Last edited:
OP
T

thiccy_mous3

Would I just be better off returning this TV and purchasing a different one?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Wait this? Because if that is the one I could almost buy a different tv with a better optical port for that price.
That was just an example.

Take a look at the SMSL C200 or DL200. They're DAC+Headphone Amp AIOs at a similar price as the DX3Pro+, and both have configurable DPLL.

The JDS Element III is another alternative.

OP
T

thiccy_mous3

Just thought of another possible solution. I am mainly using the headphones for watching movies on my bluray player and it has a coaxial audio out. If I connect my bluray player to the dx3 pro+ that should solve the issue of lg's terrible optical outputs on their tv's right?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just thought of another possible solution. I am mainly using the headphones for watching movies on my bluray player and it has a coaxial audio out. If I connect my bluray player to the dx3 pro+ that should solve the issue of lg's terrible optical outputs on their tv's right?
Should do.

OP
T

thiccy_mous3

Ok then, for now I will try a coaxial cable to connect my bluray player to the dx3 pro+. Lets just hope the coaxial input on the dac works well. Otherwise it seems like the fixes get more expensive. I will get back to you guys after I have tested it. Thanks for all of the help so far!

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
TVs are poor when it comes to digital audio, especially filling the digital output with non compliant nonsense. The LGs seem to have got a bad reputation on here.

A Blu-ray player should be much mor compliant with standards. It should work better than a TV.

OP
T

thiccy_mous3

So now the problem is that the audio is out of sync because it no longer has to go through the tv. lol why does this have to be so complicated.

staticV3

Master Contributor
So now the problem is that the audio is out of sync because it no longer has to go through the tv. lol why does this have to be so complicated.
Does your Blu-ray player not come with A/V sync functionality?

staticV3

Master Contributor
the audio comes before the video probably by another 50 to 100 ms
Try turning off some of your TV's Image Processing features.
Sharpening, Upscaling, Interpolation, that sorta stuff. That should cut down on latency some.
Most of the time, the image quality is better off without those features anyway.

Reactions: GDK
OP
T

thiccy_mous3

I have all of those features turned off. You mentioned earlier the smsl DL200 will let you adjust dpll? Has anyone used that dac/amp with the c2 and can confirm it works? Also can I use standard 3.5mm jack stereo headphones on a balanced 4.4 output with an adapter?

OP
T

thiccy_mous3

Ok so now I have ordered a smsl c200. I wanted to get the newer dl200 but it looked like it would be at least a month before I could get my hands on one. The c200 should arrive tomorrow I’m hoping it has a better optical input and that with the adjustable dpll I should be able to better deal with the lg’s jitter issue. Will update tomorrow.

Top Bottom