• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

markus

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I dont know how big the influence is, the point is if there could be a influence even if minimal the critic is valid and a remeasurement should be done.
Not that i like that behavior of tekton nor do i think there will be bigger differences.
My point is that Tekton should have such data and should have posted that data. Why didn't that happen? Why bullying tactics instead?

tomtoo

Major Contributor
My point is that Tekton should have such data and should have posted that data. Why didn't that happen? Why bullying tactics instead?

Oh, iam on your side. I did not say i like that behavior. But if that points of critc could have a influence on the FR and impedance than the critic is from my point of view valid. If i like it or not.

ta240

Major Contributor
The data is still being gathered
Zw

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, iam on your side. I did not say i like that behavior. But if that points of critc could have a influence on the FR and impedance than the critic is from my point of view valid. If i like it or not.
Sure, but as I understand it, Eric didn't bother to convey any of this to Erin until AFTER the review came out. I seem to recall reading they communicated before the review was done. So to then come out with bullying tactics and accusing Erin of "mistakes" after the fact is beyond the pale.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Sure, but as I understand it, Eric didn't bother to convey any of this to Erin until AFTER the review came out. I seem to recall reading they communicated before the review was done. So to then come out with bullying tactics and accusing Erin of "mistakes" after the fact is beyond the pale.

Yes also on your side. By the way i talk about the m-lore that should have also some holes without feet. Its not about who or why. Its just about influence on measurements. And if this is possible and from my point of view it is. Than the best way would be redo the measurements.

anphex

Forum Donor
IMHO this thread has become a echo chamber.
Every "funny" remark reads the same about now and the consensus is "Provide the data or leave, Tekton".
I suggest the moderators and admin to at least temporary lock this thread for a few hours/days because now there's just more oil into the fire from all sides and it needs to cool off.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Erin reviewed the Tekton Troubadour and posted it to Patreon, before taking it down.
Can that be found on the Wayback Machine? Now I'm really curious to see the original review.
Meanwhile, I will be starting a business to sell "Tekton Plugs"! Balsa wood for a "lighter" sound, Special "Six Nines" Elastomer for a more damped sound, bamboo for an Asian flavor, Marble for a more Italian sound. Place your orders at
stickittomebabyonemoretime.com.xyzlmnop

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
IMHO this thread has become a echo chamber.
Every "funny" remark reads the same about now and the consensus is "Provide the data or leave, Tekton".
I suggest the moderators and admin to at least temporary lock this thread for a few hours/days because now there's just more oil into the fire from all sides and it needs to cool off.

I think people should be free to talk about the issue as we wait for the Data, which we've all been told we should be expecting any time now.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The man has a gift for conveying a lot of meaning in few words. :)
He's had about as much practice as humanly possible. Around here we parse the measurement comments like I used to parse Alan Greenspan's Fedspeak.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the mods wanted to leave the thread open in the spirit of fairness to give EA a chance to respond if he chose to.

However, it would be good for me if the thread were locked for a while, I need to stop feeding on internet drama and get some work done. :oops:

At this point 99.8% of the thread is just a lot of agreement and commentary on a simple consensus as @VintageFlanker clearly stated. If there's a problem, I'm part of it, I just find this kind of bizarre, self-destructive bullying behavior really fascinating for some reason.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think people should be free to talk about the issue as we wait for the Data, which is apparently coming any moment now.
Agreed. If you don't like it, just mute the thread. Personally, I think this is just a small tempest inside the whirlwind he reaped when sowing the wind in here.

Salt

Forum Donor
Please keep us informed.
Thanks.

I think people should be free to talk about the issue as we wait for the Data, which is apparently coming any moment now.

DonM

So, I did manage to find another profile of his online, and he lists a university in Utah that offers engineering programs. I don't think digging up people's personal details in these situations is a healthy practice so I won't go into more detail, and I encourage others to leave his personal life alone.

That said, I can't rule out that he does have an engineering background. But I can't confirm he has one, either.
Just to clarify, my earlier posting comparing the qualifications and education of Erin and Eric from LinkedIn was not at the personal level. From experience a person with an Engineering degree (Erin) is more likely to provide authoritative information in audio than a person without that education. If Eric did have a degree in Engineering he would have likely put that in his LinkedIn profile.

LinkedIn is widely regarded as a valuable platform for professionals in North America to showcase their qualifications and experience. It's commonly used for networking, job searching, and professional branding.

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Can that be found on the Wayback Machine? Now I'm really curious to see the original review.
Patreon is behind a paywall, so it's not indexed by regular bots (Google or Wayback Machine).
That's just the post.

Erin uploads the video reviews to YouTube, but as soon as that happened, he took the video down, so even if people managed to see the `Unlisted` Youtube URL and copy it, it's no longer working.

brandall10

Often, it is not used to notify an infringer in good faith, but to intimidate someone...

Jurisprudence in America is based largely on precedent. The way to change what seems to be an imbalance is to fight it to establish new precedents.

Curious what you think of a service for this? That is, a GoFundMe for frivolous lawsuits where there is a notable imbalance of financial power.

I worked with a group to create a prototype for year for this many years ago when Sony was trying to ruin George Hotz's life for hacking the Playstation 3 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment_America,_Inc._v._Hotz). It was insinuated they were suing him in the low seven figures, and he claimed to have pulled in in the low 6 figures in donations after appealing to folks on Twitter for financial help.

Of course George was a celeb in certain circles, as is Erin here. Plenty of folks don't have that luxury or reach, nor does the other side have an avenue for bringing together civil matters that may impact their self-interest.

jlimo

Forum Donor
FWIW Tekton's post just made on the Audioholics thread about Erin's review:

There's some real misinformation bouncing around. For the record I am not "suing" anyone and I've never threatened to "sue" anyone over a review.
Would the review be live today if it didn't contain any provable mistakes? Yes- absolutely!
Here are the facts... I am protecting my brand and I have no problem with a review [good or bad] so long as it doesn't contain any mistakes. The review contained a couple of measurement mistakes based on a couple of simple oversights. In all fairness to Erin, the Troubadour is a unique loudspeaker that would throw the best acoustical measurement experts a bit of a curve ball - the speaker is even unique to the point of being allowed a US patent.
The measurement oversights have been talked about between Erin and I and Erin has agreed to remeasure the speaker. I respectfully asked Erin to pull his review temporarily and we're working together to ensure the measurements he publishes are accurate.
I believe we've got everything figured out and expect his review to be published again soon.
Respectfully,
Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
this would be a little more credible if Amir hadn't posted a screenshot of Eric's threat to litigate over the m-lore review

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Most of us have given our opinion on the topic -some more often than others- and most of us have professed our support.

That said, hopefully the forum returns to normality soon, this topic seems to be monopolizing the forum now...

Top Bottom