• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Laptop power cord mgt

Martini

Forum Donor
I picked up a new MacBook Pro, which serves as my main computer. It's power-brick lives on the desk behind the laptop. I'd like to neaten up the desk a little and not have 2m of cord tangled up back there. I was thinking of using this case from some old earbuds I had - https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Inno...696432115&sprefix=the+nest+ear,aps,113&sr=8-2 Hoped it would manage the cord on the desk and in the laptop bag. However, it looks like it will only hold about 1m of the cord. Plus, I'm wondering how big of a "no-no" it would be to have the cord coiled like this when powered? Any thoughts or alternative recommendation?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You could use the spool from some fishing line. They come in different sizes. Maybe need to drill a hole or two on the lip to make it easy to clip the ends into place when it is coiled up and in the laptop bag. I'd probably run one end thru a hole in the middle of the spool and have the other clip onto the lip at the outer edge of the spool. I don't think the coiling would be an issue in use.

Top Bottom