• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Killer Dak for Kef blade one Meta

StyxRogan

need advice for killer dac for Kef blade one meta being driven by Mcintosh mc 462...My source is an ancient Oppo 203 blu ray player.
Lookin in the 10k -17K range.

steve59

Major Contributor
Hifi rose seems to be the current name being talked up.

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You know there used to be a dac called killer dac....

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Dak Industries!

tu1jq81fh5f6.png

NeilG

need advice for killer dac for Kef blade one meta being driven by Mcintosh mc 462...My source is an ancient Oppo 203 blu ray player.
Lookin in the 10k -17K range.
I‘ve had Blade 2’s 4+ years. I’ve had a Linn Klimax 3 DAC/streamer for nearly a year and it sounds amazing, finally giving them the source they deserve ( garbage in garbage out and all that). I have a pair of Linn Klimax solos power amps driving them which partner perfectly. The system sounds complete. Happy hunting.

london_r

mmmm...
That's some nice looking kit. Glad I didn't have the cash in the 80's.... would have been such an easy sell on a nice looking spectrum analyzer.

sq225917

Major Contributor
Why spend more than something like the new Topping E70?

Jasperous

I’m running my Reference 3s thru a Rapsberry Pi> D90 > A90 > Benchmark AHB2

I have tried a few Mac amps, and they couldn’t compare to the Benchmark amp

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hard to beat the RME ADI-2 FS. Reasonable price, mountains of great features, fantastic measurements.

steve59

Major Contributor
I'm getting recommendations for the new esoteric, I can dig up the model if you want. A hifi shop owner I've known a long time assures me modern dac's sound alike unless one's defective, that said I bought a $450 dac that has a half a dozen digital filters built in because the designer? said what measures best isn't what always sounds best? I know negative feedback sucked the dynamics out of those receivers back in the day for .0001% thd bragging rights, but would that even apply to modern dac's? I would also like to know when the big breakthru happened and all dacs became equal, because those early cd players were awful.

Top Bottom