• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii THREE controller

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Isn't that enough!Its what I have done my entire life!
Keith

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Well, i'm intrigued. I am after a programmable universal remote. What DOES it do? Can you program it? Output by IR? Wifi? Bluetooth?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It is purely for the Kii THREE loudspeakers, it enables you to use them as a complete system within themselves just add digital and analogue sources .
Keith

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I looked at the picture and thought it a remote.

Then I saw the ports.

Then I looked for a description, since none was provided, and found none.

So, in the end, I guess it's a volume knob, an input selector, maybe a function selector for the speakers, a wired digital waypoint between sources and the speakers.

I did find another picture:

upload_2016-9-24_14-2-27.png

For now I'll assume it's a digital representation of an industrial design that may or may not exist physically, yet.

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
bit here,

The Kii CONTROL will offer three additional inputs for the Kii THREE:
Coax, Optical and USB (up to PCM 24/384kHz and DSD64/DSD128),
The inputs are located on the backside connector panel as shown on picture 1.

Please note that the aluminium top cover will have a dark grey finish in serial production.

The Kii CONTROL boasts lossless volume control inside the DSP of the Kii THREEs remotely adjusted from the Kii Control. The volume knob also offers mute or dim functions and manual power on/off (standby).
The Kii CONTROL also has IR remote capability, preset functions plus additional functionality accessible via a software menu on the OLED display.
A dedicated input button (labeled XLR) will switch to the existing hardware input on the speaker, which you can continue to use as Analog or AES input.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'm not a bad guesser.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
bit here,

The Kii CONTROL will offer three additional inputs for the Kii THREE:
Coax, Optical and USB (up to PCM 24/384kHz and DSD64/DSD128),
The inputs are located on the backside connector panel as shown on picture 1.

Please note that the aluminium top cover will have a dark grey finish in serial production.

The Kii CONTROL boasts lossless volume control inside the DSP of the Kii THREEs remotely adjusted from the Kii Control. The volume knob also offers mute or dim functions and manual power on/off (standby).
The Kii CONTROL also has IR remote capability, preset functions plus additional functionality accessible via a software menu on the OLED display.
A dedicated input button (labeled XLR) will switch to the existing hardware input on the speaker, which you can continue to use as Analog or AES input.
Unless I'm mis-understanding something in your description. If you start hooking up other components to it via those jacks, it's no longer really a remote then with all the wires attached to it, is it? :confused:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unless I'm mis-understanding something in your description. If you start hooking up other components to it via those jacks, it's no longer really a remote then with all the wires attached to it, is it? :confused:
It remains a remote, definitely NOT a wireless remote :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Kii will have their own remote next month , volume attenuation, input selection, and software control, i.e. Latency, boundary and contour filters.
Keith

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What were they thinking in these days and age? I mean, Digital input, DSP and the whole nine yard and not a wireless Remote?:rolleyes:

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The remote is wireless , but it does allow you to connect more sources to it.
Keith

Top Bottom