• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef C4 circuit board modification

Masaray

I have a Kef C4 that I want to disable the auto on-off part of the circuit to make it always on when switched on by the rear panel switch.
This subwoofer will only kick in when the volume is loud which is ok if I live in a multi-plex cinema but living in shared accommodation it is not neighbourly to be blasting out my movie for everyone to hear. I still want the bass tones for things like gunshots explosions etc without the volume needing to be high to enable the subwoofer to kick in.
I do have a schematic pdf so just need to know what circuit board changes need to be made to achieve this if it can be achieved. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• C4 service manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
OP
Masaray

Masaray

Thank you very much for your speedy reply and help. Please see attached image showing R511 which is SMD.
So do I just remove this from the board or should I bridge the gap removing it would leave behind?
Kind regards.
Screenshot 2024-03-02 142559.jpg

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
The top right there's the connector cn2b, disconnect pin 4, remove the pin or cut the wire, the fourth from the top. Do what ever does the least damage so you can reconnect it if you have to.

Top Bottom