• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kali LP-6 Review: Studio Monitor

KikoKentaurus

How is this power connector type called? IEC? Lost my cables during relocation, now wondering which to buy...
1702287291351.png

ntuong59

the way i understand that you measure with sub, right?
Can you tell me the name of the subwoofer used in, please?
I want more rumble in low freq get but I don't have any options yet.
Many thanks.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
the way i understand that you measure with sub, right?
Can you tell me the name of the subwoofer used in, please?
I want more rumble in low freq get but I don't have any options yet.
Many thanks.
No, it just means I ignore bass for the score (as if you cross to a sub then the speaker’s bass doesn’t matter).

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There is a version II of these available for $200 each with its preference score improved from 5.1 to 5.8.

Zaviex

Between the LP6-v2 and the KRK Rokit 5 G5 what do you recommend? I would use them connected to my PC for everyday use (work, videos, and games), for listening to music, and occasionally for recording some guitar pieces. I've already tried the T5V speakers, I liked them for the mid and high frequencies but I had to return them because of excessive hissing. I also tried the KRK Rokit 5 G4 and I liked the bass and the lower hiss. Since I usually work in silence it's important to me that they have minimal hissing.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Between the LP6-v2 and the KRK Rokit 5 G5 what do you recommend? I would use them connected to my PC for everyday use (work, videos, and games), for listening to music, and occasionally for recording some guitar pieces. I've already tried the T5V speakers, I liked them for the mid and high frequencies but I had to return them because of excessive hissing. I also tried the KRK Rokit 5 G4 and I liked the bass and the lower hiss. Since I usually work in silence it's important to me that they have minimal hissing.
If silence is vitally important get passive speakers and an amp with a high SINAD.

Zaviex

If silence is vitally important get passive speakers and an amp with a high SINAD.
Uh, I hadn't thought about that. Would something like the SMSL AO300 be okay? I already own an SMSL DL200. Would you recommend connecting the AO300 directly to the PC or using the DAC of the DL200 and only using the amp of the AO300?
Anyway, from the tests I managed to find it seems that the LP-6 V2 has low hiss noise(four times the v1). I've already ordered them and they'll arrive next week.
If I'm not satisfied I'll follow your advice. Thanks.

Top Bottom