• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is there any ''topping '' as a phono ?

Ciobi69

As the title say is there a best buy for the phono section? I have 250 for used/ new phono section, is there a good one for this budget? Thanks

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Below $150, the latest versions of U-Turn's Pluto preamp and Schiit's Mani preamp are both seen as generally good for a wide range of users... There would be some other options in the $150 to $250 band that others will add to the discussion... If I were buying today, the new Mani did review very well here...

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ifi Zen Phono
Schiit Mani

deadwood83

I like the Emotiva XPS-1. THey have been on sale off and on for $99 USD. The form factor and dip switches grabbed me. Slides right under the TT too, and it's 12V so if you have a 12V table you aren't afraid to cut into.... single power supply. It's like a built-in pre but way better.

OP
C

Ciobi69

thank you everyone i will look into these options!

Top Bottom