• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is the slope too much for this room.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No dsp in sub, but i have roon.
Then set the DSP with a correction file. Personally I like the video below a lot for the basics, but I would EQ each channel L and R individually.

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
umik 1 with calibration file

Then you're also measuring with a very low volume. Try to measure so loud that the highest volume in the bass is at least 75-80dB.

OP
E

ehabheikal

Attachments

• roomwithlegendscale.jpg
    roomwithlegendscale.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 50

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

So now all you need to do is get the x and y axis right. Click "limits in the upper right corner (as marked in the picture below with yellow), and set it to 20 - 20,000hz and to 45-105dB (also as marked yellow)

Skjermbilde 2022-11-22 151342.png

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@ehabheikal Great. So you don't really have a slope (to answer your original question). :) You do have some pretty significant peaks in the bass though that probably makes the bass somewhat boomy and uneven from track to track. Did you have a sub? You should add some DSP to your system and you will get a great improvement. On the bright side it looks very tidy from 200hz and up.

OP
E

ehabheikal

@ehabheikal Great. So you don't really have a slope (to answer your original question). :) You do have some pretty significant peaks in the bass though that probably makes the bass somewhat boomy and uneven from track to track. Did you have a sub? You should add some DSP to your system and you will get a great improvement. On the bright side it looks very tidy from 200hz and

OP
E

ehabheikal

Thanx a million. Is there any software that can produce the eq for roon or should i wing it trial and error?

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thanx a million. Is there any software that can produce the eq for roon or should i wing it trial and error?

I'm not very familiar with roon but I suspect it can take filters from REW, or you can at least create them manually based on what you see in REW, when you learn how all this works :) Perhaps someone else knows more about roon.

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
Now you have got a more reasonable curve, Roon can do DSP by the way, if you learn REW you can get filter parameters from there and put them manually in Roon

OP
E

ehabheikal

Did a few filters in roon and measured with white noise track on roon. i think this is good enough or should i learn how to do it in roon?

Attachments

• roondsp.jpg
    roondsp.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 46

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Did a few filters in roon and measured with white noise track on roon. i think this is good enough or should i learn how to do it in roon?

You're measurement is too low (try to get the average which is now around 50 to 70-75dB), and you need to set the y/x-axis again.

Top Bottom