• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is it my system or does this song have distorted bass?

Davide

I have a system that has just been set up and I don't have many references to understand if certain distortions at low frequencies are in the song or in my system.
How do the bass of this track sound, for example, on your system?
I listen to it from Spotify and Amazon Music, not YouTube, which I think modify the sound a bit.
I notice a slight distortion when the bass kicks.
Yet in other bass heavy tracks I don't notice anything... and neither with frequency sweep.

Shiva

listening through my Sennheiser HD580’s, I hear distortion in the bass line and turned the vid off. I say, your ears are good.

Last edited:

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is how the audio in the YT vid looks like. The problem is with the source.

audio.png

Axo1989

Major Contributor
That's why they call it dirty bass. I remember my baby sister having a laugh at me along those lines when I asked about distorted bass in an MIA track years back.

Which makes a good palate cleanser after the somewhat cloying title track here (obvs shouldn't do The Weeknd on a Monday). This one's on the clean side:

Btw haven't watched The Idol yet but planning to, has anyone?

OP
Davide

Davide

Glad to hear it's not my rig!

Top Bottom