• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

I'm tired of my EVGA NU Audio Card.

Have you've been having problems with your EVGA Nu Audio Card?

• Total voters
I've been having so many problems with my evga sound card. Heres my list of problems I have with this card.
  1. No Stereo Mix
  2. Janky ASIO Support
  3. Constant crashes when switching from ASIO to DS and Wasapi
  4. Drivers freezes sometimes when watching youtube videos, playing games and even playing music.
  5. Digital Filters sometimes reset to default.

Yes I reinstalled the drivers and reinstalled windows 10. Also Yes I installed the latest and have tried the other versions.
While writing this thread, my driver crashed again.
evga.PNG

Update on my card: I believe its slowly dying now. Its starting to make popping noises, Fun!. I picked this sound card over the Creative AE-5 because it had a better ADC and native DSD. If anybody comes across this thread in the future and evga fixed the "gaming" aspects instead of the main issues, there full of dog shit. I'm going back to my trusty Topping D10. I'm leaning very close to buying that Topping E30.

Update 6-10-20: Its starting to pop every 45sec to 1 minute now.

Last edited:
OP
ThatM1key
Thread Starter #3
maybe defective unit. just use external DAC like Schiit Modi 3.
I doubt its defective. It does good on a good day. I had a topping d10 but I wanted the ability to record vinyl and other formats.

RayDunzl

Major Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I've got one that whenever I play a game or video which uses the video card for rendering, I hear coil whine or noise through my Nu Audio card. Not sure if it's the graphics card or PSU but I've moved slots and still get the whine. Any ideas?

Sounds like it's defective to me. EVGA is good about returns and replacments. Shoot them an email.
I've got one that whenever I play a game or video which uses the video card for rendering, I hear coil whine or noise through my Nu Audio card. Not sure if it's the graphics card or PSU but I've moved slots and still get the whine. Any ideas?
Noisy power rail from the motherboard, I'm certain.

OP
ThatM1key
Thread Starter #8

Jimmy

It may be the PC's power supply, if ripple levels are high it may have undesirable effects, if it's a cheap or generic PSU it may be a good idea to try with another one.

Anyway, it may be the motherboard, too, I would try a simple thing to see if it helps. If your motherboard allows it (is it an AMD or Intel build, which brand?), try to disable spread spectrum and/or lock the PCIe bus speed to the maximum supported.

The EVGA NU Audio physically is a PCIe card, but internally it's USB, I think that should they make an external version it would sell well, just for the A/D conversion, although nowadays it would find competition from Motu's M2/M4.

Any suggestions to fix that? Thanks!

odyo

I have ridiculous amount of coil whine issue but my SBX AE5 picks up none. 100% clean.

OP
ThatM1key
Thread Starter #12
OP
ThatM1key
Thread Starter #14
Top Bottom