• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IIS/LVDS?

TXinD76121

(Potentially) dumb question from a newcomer: what the heck is that input labeled "IIS/LVDS" on the back of the Topping D90? I know it's a type of connection, but what would it be coming from that would go into a DAC? Man, I used to sell audio way back when--in the era BC (before cellphones)--and things have changed so much since then. I hardly know how some of this stuff works now.

Thanks for any pointers...I'm not here because I am a smart person, I'm here because I want to hang around smart people. :cool:

gvl

Major Contributor
IIS really is I2S which is a circuit-level audio data interchange format, and LVDS is for Low Voltage Differential Signaling. Basically you can send I2S digital audio data directly to the DAC chip bypassing its USB or SPDIF interfaces through this input. It sounds better than it actually is.

cronos

Is it possible connect the computer using IIS/LVDS to the matrix Audio Element X?
is there a PCIe card for this operation? is it possible to use the hdmi output of the graphics card?

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it possible connect the computer using IIS/LVDS to the matrix Audio Element X?
is there a PCIe card for this operation? is it possible to use the hdmi output of the graphics card?
Don't know why you want to do that. You can take a look at this thread.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...face-better-for-dacs-than-s-pdif-or-usb.7105/

But if you insist, here is a PCIe to I2S bridge.
https://www.pinkfaun.com/shop/bridg...h/compatible_i2s_dac_s-please_select_your_dac

cronos

Thank you very much for the information.
I did not know that a detailed analysis of the IIS / LVDS interaface existed.
After reading it carefully I will continue to use the USB interface for now.

Top Bottom