• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I wanna go with... But your experience count.

hamanas

Reading a lot, almost 3 months. Wow this everything is so new for me, so many new words and new things. Most of my time online I dont even know what I read.

Where I will start?

I am almost 100% I will start my path with Revel Concerta2 M16. I heard them and Dynaudio Emit M20. Somehow I like M20 also, but M16 is something more... I like them more. M20s can go lower etc but they somehow loose then middle and high range of Music, for me, my ears. Getting sub later is not a problem.

ROOM SIZE
Width: 16.5 ft
Lenght: 14.5 ft
Height: 8.3 ft

MUSIC
I am a streamer and Mac user. Tidal, Qobuz and Roon is what I use. No CDs, no LPs.
My genres: Rock, Pop, Country, Jazz, Latin.

AMPLIEFER, STREAMER, DAC, CABLES
My budget for this is roughly 4k$

1. Streamer/DAC
2. INTEGRATED ampliefer with dual-mono power stage is a must.

I would love to hear your suggestions so I can explore further.

beren777

I am going to break rule #2, hopefully for what you agree is good reason.

VTV Purifi EVAL1 amplifier - $979. You might ask them to swap the filtered power inlet with a non-filtered alternative. You can also order a case from Ghent, EVAL1 direct from Purifi, and a power supply from Hypex if you want to screw it together yourself. Alternatively, look at Bullseye for one of their Hypex 2 channel NC252MP in Ghent case options.

DAC of your choice. I have a SMSL M300 Mk II but if I had your budget, it would be a MiniDSP SHD ($1199) for Dirac room correction + high quality DAC. You'll also have plenty of outputs available when you add subs.

You've stated that you only plan to use streaming sources. Between the Mac and the SHD, I think you have pre-amp duties covered. From the measurements I've seen here, you won't gain anything audible by insisting on dual mono.

Room treatment if needed. Check this out as an example, plenty of guides out there. Not my work but I plan to replicate what they made.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
1. MiniDSP SHD streamer/DAC with Dirac
2. A pair of Hypex or Purifi based monoblocks
3. Any decent cables

The above easily comes in under budget.

The M16 is a far better speaker than the M20. Good choice there.

OP
H

hamanas

Tnx.

I have to say that I am from EU and I have "limited" options.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Buchadt a500 ticks all the boxes and is in budget. It's a EU based product so "local" support will be good.
Edit : doesn't do subs currently and limited to apple app for room correction. So maybe not for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom