• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I wanna a better IEM?

OnLyTNT

Well I was about to go thru the rabbit hole, even I opened a thread here just like this one asking for IEM suggestions, than I realized I'm quite happy with what I got. I'm not using them on stage so durability and the seal are not that important or they are "good enough" for me. I already EQ them to target when needed so I don't see any gains spending more on expensive stuff. I agree with others; Truthear x Crinacle Zeros best buck spent...

Booker

Forum Donor
I am in the same boat right now. Blown away by the sound of the Truthear x Crinacle Zero plugged into the DX1. And now wondering what the other IEM might sound like. But I'm trying to be reasonable and stay away from this upgrade decision for lack of a real reason.

So far, the only reason I have found is to have one set at home and one at the office. Because I want to listen to them in both places and not transfer them from one to the other. Anyway, this justifies - let's try HEXA :)

OnLyTNT

So far, the only reason I have found is to have one set at home and one at the office. Because I want to listen to them in both places and not transfer them from one to the other. Anyway, this justifies - let's try HEXA :)
I hardly could get Hexa out of my mind damn it :D:facepalm:

OP
M

m490059397

View attachment 265208
IMG_20230216_223801.jpg
IMG_20230216_224428.jpg

I ended up buying this.I dont really wanna drop in the rabbit hole especially when it costs so much money.luckly its sound ultra outstanding!

OP
M

m490059397

I hesitate the Fiio JD7 or Tin Hifi C2, I choosed the C2 at end,because the JD7’s graph looks have more BASS,But I’m still curious how JD7 sounds like~ haha

bevok

Really enjoying the Tin Hifi C2, a nice balanced presentation with quality bass and just enough treble sparkle to me.

asrUser

Hexa is great, but Variations is even greater. From a price point of view the returns are diminishing the more IEMs cost.

Ringer

I have had Sennheiser ie600, Sure SE535, and now have Campfire Audio Solaris 2020 - the Campfire's pick up all the details and don't wreck out my ears, great soundstage, they are my reference by which all other equipment is judged, big IEM's though.

r042wal

Forum Donor
I have Campfire Audio Dorado 2020 and Campfire Audio Andromeda 2019 with a balanced cable. I have never had IEMs before. I recently picked up a Shanling M3 Ultra and wanted something quality to plug into it.

DS_Construct

I have Campfire Audio Dorado 2020 and Campfire Audio Andromeda 2019 with a balanced cable. I have never had IEMs before. I recently picked up a Shanling M3 Ultra and wanted something quality to plug into it.
The CA's are both quality IEMs. I have been through quite a few IEMs through the years and have only auditioned a couple of the CA's. And, they all sounded pretty good.

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you want lean but good bass, Softears Studio 4 or Kiwi Orchestra Lite

bodhi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Truthear x Crinacle Zero: RED has great FR out of the box and can be EQ'd very easily to whatever one likes. So that's it, if you just want one IEM then pick that or any other that has similar features.

Now, if you want buy and try new things because that's fun also, you can do that as well. Just make it clear to yourself that you are in that sort of hobby now and have passed the "I just want my music to sound good"-stage a while back. Even better, you can also be clear about it when talking to others, possibly sparing newcomers from spending hundreds or thousands before realizing that themselves.

And remember: you don't need to rationalize your purchases to anyone, even to yourself. If you like buying cables, dacs, amps and whatever then just do it. You don't need to make yourself look silly by claiming real, objective benefits when just having new, nice stuff is reason enough for purchases.

Top Bottom