• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I found out how to make the strongest subwoofer sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

patq2

I found out how to make the strongest subwoofer sound by getting a 10 inch subwoofer to crossover to a 5 inch subwoofer the subwoofers I use is TCL ALTO TS813 subwoofer and Monolith M10 V2 my 5 inch subwoofer has a crossover to my tweeters now the treble sound is the strongest as well

Last edited:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
a 5 inch subwoofer
giphy.gif

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Try two bass cabinets, each with an 18 inch subwoofer and two 15 inch subwoofers, each cabinet powered by a dedicated 1000 watt bass amp.

That is bass you can feel. At close range it will really kick you in the chest, while still sounding clear. That is what I used when I played bass in local heavy metal bands in my younger days.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Try two bass cabinets, each with an 18 inch subwoofer and two 15 inch subwoofers, each cabinet powered by a dedicated 1000 watt bass amp.

That is bass you can feel. At close range it will really kick you in the chest, while still sounding clear. That is what I used when I played bass in local heavy metal bands in my younger days.
I've experienced severely loud and powerful bass. My vision was failing as the bass hits to my body occurred. It was absurd...LoL. But yes, I would love to hear those bass cabinets.

Brian Hall

Forum Donor
I've experienced severely loud and powerful bass. My vision was failing as the bass hits to my body occurred. It was absurd...LoL. But yes, I would love to hear those bass cabinets.

That was back in the 80s. I kind of wish I still had them as long as I never had to move them around. Those suckers were heavy, but still had to put locking wheels on them. The original wheels didn't work because the cabinets would actually move around on a smooth surface. Probably from vibration, but maybe not. They were able to move a good amount of air.

Dumdum

I found out how to make the strongest subwoofer sound by getting a 10 inch subwoofer to crossover to a 5 inch subwoofer the subwoofers I use is TCL ALTO TS813 subwoofer and Monolith M10 V2
Strongest is a silly description for that… my two fifteens in 6 cubic ft each would definitely argue that point

Brian Hall

Forum Donor
We played some cover songs (Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Scorpions, Pink Floyd, Judas Priest) but mostly played originals. People said we sounded like a cross between Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd.

I used to have long hair back then (no perms, we weren't a hair band) and we did the whole black leather and spikes thing. Wearing leather sucks btw. Especially under hot stage lights. Two main bands. One named Dies Irae (latin: day of wrath) and the second named Aegri Somnia (dreams of the sick or could be a sick man's dream).

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We played some cover songs (Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Scorpions, Pink Floyd, Judas Priest) but mostly played originals.
Oh.. Well then we have much in common in musical taste. Those are all backstop bands for me that I depend on even to today.
People said we sounded like a cross between Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd.
That I cannot imagine... LoL. :D
I used to have long hair back then (no perms, we weren't a hair band) and we did the whole black leather and spikes thing.
Haha. Leather and spikes is fun but I have never done that. I did have hair down to my shoulder blades in the early-mid 90s after I escaped sales and became a techy. Every guy in the shop grew the hair, we smoked muchO weed and ate the largest burgers possible everyday. It was fun. The coffee drinking competitions where agony. I OD'd on caffeine and it was very very horrible. :D

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
I found out how to make the strongest subwoofer sound by getting a 10 inch subwoofer to crossover to a 5 inch subwoofer the subwoofers I use is TCL ALTO TS813 subwoofer and Monolith M10 V2
Is the TCL ALTO TS813 the subwoofer that ships with a soundbar?

Please share your in-room measurements (especially distortion), so we can understand the key elements of a "strong subwoofer sound".

Geert

Major Contributor
The strongest subwoofer sound we often accomplish is based on 60x 2x 18" driver subwoofers. Never felt the need to add a 5" driver to it ;)

Last edited:
OP
P

patq2

Is the TCL ALTO TS813 the subwoofer that ships with a soundbar?

Please share your in-room measurements (especially distortion), so we can understand the key elements of a "strong subwoofer sound".
yes the TCL ALTO TS813 sub ships with the soundbar but I don’t use the sound bar alao my monolith M10 V2 and TCL ALTO TS813 subwoofer has very similar design both has a long wooden box with a L shaped bass port I purchased the TCL ALTO TS813 cuz I never used a sound bar before that was one of the best decisions I made in my whole life

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
People said we sounded like a cross between Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd.
Pink Sabbith? :p

...My home theater system has a pair of DIY 15-inch subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom