• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to install KEF LS50 to the ceiling?

Descartes

Major Contributor
I upgraded my system to the new KEF R3 Meta and would like to mount my older KEF LS50 to the ceiling? Has anyone tried this before!

I seem to remember that a fellow posted a YouTube video but I can’t find it anymore, any help would be greatly appreciated!

D

Deleted member 21219

I don’t think that would hold the weight of the LS50!

That was an example, to find out what sort you were thinking of. You could peruse the different mounts they offer.

Search engines will show others, also.

Jim

GA16SE

I don’t think that would hold the weight of the LS50!
Maybe the pictures from the link below can help.

I think that they used the threaded holes of KEF LS50 speakers.

Opal

I think you have to DIY holes for the mount on the LS50 meta. Nt sure if it is recommended

GA16SE

I’ve got a pair of KEF LS50 Meta and each speaker has been provided (by KEF) with four threaded holes for mounting on KEF S2 speaker stands.

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

That's what I did, I used eye bolts. I think M6 or M8, been a few years now. No longer have the speakers, but it worked fine using only 2 bolts to support the weight/get the angle I needed, but I also snugly attached the other 2 bolts/holes in case I was wrong

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor

Yes I saw that thank you, I even reached out to them but they use the new LS50 Meta that have holes in the bottom. Also they wanted to charge me several thousand dollars for these brackets?

D

Deleted member 21219

Yes the meta version has holes in the bottom but not the original :(

Ouch!

This might sound far-fetched, but is there a fabrication shop near you? Perhaps you could talk with someone there and see whether they could help you. Who knows ... they might have good ideas AND be (comparatively) inexpensive.

It's worth a try. :)

Jim

Sokel

Master Contributor
Is that the new ones?

419keflsx.bottom.jpg

Does the older ones have similar feet and no screwing hole?

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes I saw that thank you, I even reached out to them but they use the new LS50 Meta that have holes in the bottom. Also they wanted to charge me several thousand dollars for these brackets?
But the holes are designed to secure them to stands in an upright position. Not sure if they are supposed to hold them at an angle longer term. But I don't know either way - just pointing out securing as a standmount is not equal to angled multipoint positions.

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
Ouch!

This might sound far-fetched, but is there a fabrication shop near you? Perhaps you could talk with someone there and see whether they could help you. Who knows ... they might have good ideas AND be (comparatively) inexpensive.

It's worth a try. :)

Jim
I found this Koenig & Meyer Wall/ceiling bracket for speakers - 24185 wonder if that would work?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you have aesthetic requirements? Personally I'd want to avoid drilling into the cabinet for fear of introducing new resonances or something, but that will end up being the 'prettiest' solution, I think.

However, you can always use a ratchet strap to attach it to something, if you don't care about having ugly straps hanging around.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Even with the absence of threaded inserts, you can make your own (altho many wouldn't want to :) ).

Top Bottom