• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How often do you feel the need...

I make changes to my system, on average

• Constantly. I can't stop!

• Daily

• Weekly

• Monthly

• When I feel like it

• Irregularly, like, one in a while

• Almost never

• I don't bother. Why mess with a good thing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
...to "tweak" something in your audio system?

fas42

Major Contributor
This is known as, "feedback". Exciting it is, too - alter something, and it may improve the sound ... or, it may not - a "journey of discovery" ...

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I voted when I feel like it. Could have gone with irregularly.

Times will come when I decide to tweak like crazy for some time. Then I may have a leave well enough alone attitude for weeks. It doesn't coincide with some feeling of something is wrong. It is more related to just feeling like doing it and other times not. My system is good enough now there is no 'need' to tweek out problems like there might have been in years past.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Once In A While
My systems have gone thru spurts over my lifetime.
I will go thru a buying frenzy to put together something I've been planning over a period of time. Then unless some new desired tech comes along it can remain static for many years. Last system up north before my retirement had remained static for over 15 years. The subwoofers surrounds were going bad and needing repairs by that point. LOL
Sold off everything to move down here and put together a quick n dirty cheap receiver based system while I thought things over. Then another frenzy of purchasing components to get my current rig going.
Now when I'm in the mood to tweak I'll fool around doing some measurements with the UMIK-1 mike I got some time back and Audyssey, REW, and AcourateDRC software. If I ever make myself believe I can do a much improved job of DRC with a miniDRC box over what I'm getting now with my tweaked Audyssey XT, I may go that route but that's no major $ investment in any case.
Swaying back n forth between the miniDSP box and a new Ruger Charger pistol to play at the range with. Boys and their Toys. :D

Top Bottom