• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

How do you like this SINAD Chart Style?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Better to put values on the end of bar (far right).
They were there before. Poster was asking to move it to left so on mobile devices you see the product name and SINAD immediately and don't have to scroll left and right.

DonH56

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
Patreon Donor
FWIWFM I like having the numbers right next to the name of the product. Easier to see at a glance.

stunta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Love the new design. Now we can make ASR T-shirts with this graph on the back.

Seriously though, it would be interesting to a blind test between 3 DACS - one at the top, one at the bottom and one in the middle.

RayDunzl

Major Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Are the bars logarithmic or linear?

RayDunzl

Major Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Why does the Google Pixel V1 get an orange color though it belongs in the red area?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
But you did review both units already?
I did but the DAC was done with my old analyzer. And the Pro was before I started to post SINADs.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Why does the Google Pixel V1 get an orange color though it belongs in the red area?
The actual value for some of these is in floating point as it is the average of two channels Excel uses the actual value for sorting, etc. The value shown is the rounded one. This also sets the ranking between two seemingly identical (rounded) values.

VMAT4

Patreon Donor
I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE IT!

What's NOT to like? It convincingly affirms my phone choice (LG G7 Thinq)...in Quad DAC mode of course!

Clearly a top-performer -- besting the Chord Mojo, iFi DSD Black, Yggy, and all Topping Dacs!

The REAL takeaway is that I need to purchase an SMSL D1 immediately!...since the Oppo UDP-205 is discontinued :rolleyes:

On second thought, maybe I'll just grab a Chromecast Audio for $40 and call it a day ;)

It may be annoying, but If possible, please give SINAD score at the beginning of the bar also.

Top Bottom