• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

Waxx

Major Contributor
I can't be the only ASR member that has had a love-affair with Vasque Sundowner hiking boots, since my original-issue in early 1980s.:confused:
I am on my third pair with thousands of walking-miles from Bolivia, thru all of Central/North America, to Europe.
View attachment 337235
Otherwise - if not barefoot on the beach - I use nothing but boat-shoes and don't even own one pair sneakers.:)

ADD: The original Vasques - as with most other hiking boots of the era - had the yellow 'Vibram" sole logo... but not no more.
PS. I got my mate a pair of KEF LSXIIs because she asked for "white speakers"... I am thinking I really bought them for myself because they are an overkill for what she wanted, needed, can appreciate! [insert evilgrin.gif here]
I use Pinewood Hunting & Hiking boots. I tried many but this is the best i know. and it has vibram soles and reinforced tops and ankles (where boots have holes the fasted). I only have them since late summer, and only used them this winter, but they had a hard time already and took it with ease while being very comfortable and warm at the same time.

9935-205-01_Pinewood-Hunting-and-Hiking-Boot-Mid_Brown.jpg

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Even if off topic, I didn´t want to let all the good wishes you sent me, go.

I signed a job contract today! Thank you all!
I like my job, hope you like yours too.

Me in the background, reading a dmesg with my assistant. In the foreground my other assistant types in a useless use of cat.
I'm a Linux systems administrator and this is what a typical day at the office is like.
1702758333832940.jpg

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Daaaayumm.
Any vacancies?

Love the old school CRT modules and industrial design keyboards. V cool. And tasty.

Last edited:

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Daaaayumm.
Any vacancies?
Chris i guess that room does not need any Room correction or for that matter a target curve . :facepalm:

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Target curves/strange work dress-codes.

Cool either way...

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I am a bit late but I am still buying stuff... for Christmas... :rolleyes:
I have not made the decision if these are presents to myself for 2023 or 2024 Christmas!

I could not refuse buying a used Rotel RT-1084 AM/FM/HD/RDS/SXM Tuner for $150.
RotelRT1084Tuner-FrontPanelView.jpg

I don't know if I'll get much use out of it but I am sure it will add a touch of old-skool (circa 2007) to my Rotel pre/Proc.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I like my job, hope you like yours too.

Me in the background, reading a dmesg with my assistant. In the foreground my other assistant types in a useless use of cat.
I'm a Linux systems administrator and this is what a typical day at the office is like.
View attachment 346310
I love teaching. Otherwise I'd not have lasted 20 years in the trade.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The holidays are over...

Top Bottom