• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do you consume news and keep yourselves informed?

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just looking to see if there are outlets I should browse.

I have been thinking about being in a media bubble since the stay at home orders started and feels like I have increased my media consumption quite a bit.

Per forum-wide rules, please try to keep politics out of the discussion and limit responses to news outlets you enjoy reading/watching and (somewhat) trust.

I'll start. I subscribe to New York Times digital edition that I thoroughly enjoy. Most days I'll hit up the following websites for a quick peek:
- National Review
- Drudge Report
- Politico
- Politics subforum on reddit.com
- BBC.com (specially if cricket is on)

I used to frequent foxnews and cnn websites also - cannot really stand either of them now.
Don't really watch TV anymore.
I usually will throw on the public radio (NPR) for an hour in the morning.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I use Google News on my phone and USA Today App. The former of course is a mix of whatever Google thinks I am interested in. Typical links are to Washington Post, CNN, Fox News, USA Today, NBC News, Politico, NY Times, Engadget, etc. in addition to a few local news sources.

Before going to sleep I watch 1 to 2 hours of videos from Youtube. These are a mix of late night talk shows, cooking, gardening, woodworking, electronics, etc.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I usually will throw on the public radio (NPR) for an hour in the morning.
I listen to NPR in my car and on podcasts (e.g. Ted Radio and Radio Lab). I also listen technology podcasts (TwiT), and electronics (Amp Hour).

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ars Technica
Npr on radio
Real clear politics news aggregate site
Foreign Affairs magazine
A few smaller sites I hit sporadically.

quorzar

I dont watch any news. I never owned a TV and only use 2 german sites about new IT stuff. No radio or apps. Every 10 days I read on my county homepage if there are some new rules and thats it. Its so relaxed to do it that way. The basic rules was created weeks ago and they wont change in the future so there is no need to watch something every hour or day. Only enjoy the time.

Top Bottom