• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do people feel about outriggers on speakers?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I gave him a Like, on your behalf.
EDIT: I just checked the box and it was Soundocity.
This is what chatGPT sez about him:
Ryanosaur knows all,
Ancient wisdom in his bones,
Eternal watcher.
I have another question for his wisdom but at another thread...

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Sounds familiar. It was so long ago I have forgotten. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I just checked the box and it was Soundocity.
They were on an extended vacation last year at some point. I just checked and their website is down. I know it wasn't a full-time business. All that said, they sourced and sold a quality product.
I've been absolutely satisfied with the 4 pairs of Outriggers I bought from them back in 2018/19. The best part of their business is they never tried to claim anything magical, at least not that I saw.
Perhaps they will resurface at some point. Definitely a very good resource if someone was looking for such product.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh dear. The pressure is on. :eek:
You want to talk about pressure! LoL> My last name means, "Gentle Dove." I understand that many names longgg ago where made from humor, local features of the terrain etc.. This one is intriguing.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ohhhh! I am not going to be liked:
If you have enough room for outriggers; then, you probably own the wrong size speakers?
That's how my 'math' works and -of course- ymmv!

Mojo Warrior

I have 5 foot towers, suspended wooden floors, 5 stories up in my building and I live in earthquake country.

This is one of the very, very few tweaks that audibly improved the sound. If you live on a concrete slab YMMV

Now the speakers are less likely to get knocked over accidentally.

Less likely to fall over in an earthquake or tremor.

Far less transmission of sound to the rooms below the speakers.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is one of the very, very few tweaks that audibly improved the sound.
In the 80s and 90s it was popular to brace the back of speaker against a wall for the purpose of preventing the speaker from rocking forward and backward if a heavy woofer was in motion. It was intended to prevent loss of energy and impact. :D

middlemarch

Forum Donor
I use the outriggers on my NHT 3.3s, they're dangerous without them. But not the spikes. Floor is carpeted and with the outriggers the speakers slide just fine (for 123 pounders). With the spikes, forget about it

Top Bottom