• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

House curve IOS App

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
IMG_723B796F3552-1.jpeg
Hi,
I downloaded an app called House Curve from the App Store - given this is a couple of $ its obviously only a toy really but anyone else try it and have any opinions? This is with my Q3020i - obviously this is only a 10 second sample but seems to show (to my totally uneducated eyes) some aspects to those in @amirm review https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...oustics-3020i-bookshelf-speaker-review.14568/

K.Trout

It’s actually quite a bit better than just a toy. You can use calibrated mic’s with your phone. You just need a lightning to usb connector in order to plug a umik-1 into your iPhone, which makes the app pretty damn valuable in my opinion. As far as I can tell, the results you get are pretty excellent also.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Just quickly went through the manual.

Looks like a very useful tool indeed.

DavidMcRoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've tried that app with the default built-in mic calibration on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I always end up with it wanting high frequencies attenuated by an insane amount to fit it's own curves. AudioTools gives me much more believable results. Even if it were more accurate, the EQ solutions it suggests rely heavily on boosting rather than trying to do as much as possible with cuts, and it'll resort to suggesting that you apply very high-Q filters too often. I haven't yet tried it with a third-party test mic with a calibration file.

Top Bottom