• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Himalayan salt lamps as a HiFi tweak

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Oh, and one other question.*
This is important.

Does the salt in those lamps have a shelf life?

1703886731734.jpeg

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Amir should add a salt lamp to his Klippel machine , measurements would be more accurate that way

Extreme_Boky

Himalayan Salt Lamps as a HiFi tweak
Apparently it's a thing now

View attachment 338040

I suppose the difference in sound would come from an almost purely resistive load that the lamp introduces across the mains outlet, where the rest of the HiFi gear is powered from. Furthermore, the difference would be more obvious if the same mains outlet point is used to power up equipment plagued with SMPS noise.... if anyone is brave enough to use a HiFi gear powered with SMPS, that is...

Taiga

They supposedly dry the air and then the sound travels faster /better

Sound actually travels faster in humid air than dry air. Humid air is less dense.

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The problem with these Salt Lamps is that they have not been blessed by Guruji. Normal Salt lamps may have some small audible benefit, so long as the salt is genuine Himalayan Salt from the correct confluences of river. These would be not even necessarily be in the order of the confluences of the Ganga from top to bottom. For example, for audio purposes, the Devprayag confluence of the Ganga and Bhagirathi is actually more powerful than the apparently more "senior" confluence at Rudraprayag of the Ganga and Mandakini. Why? Because Rudraprayag is always busy with traffic and comings and goings of pilgrims and is actually very noisy, whereas almost nobody stops at Devprayag and it is mostly really nice and quiet. But all of these distinctions, while important and verifiable, are marginal compared to having the Himalayan Salt endorsed and blessed by a genuine audiophile Sanyasa, moreover one willing to accept disciples and deal with worldly difficulties such as foreign currency and bank transfers, in a true audiophile discipliclic succession. My ASR brothers and sisters, I am disciple of such a Guru. He seeks no fame or wealth but only to enlighten. And he is in deep meditation in the forest, sitting on a little kusha grass, controlling his breathing, listening to old Buddha Bar CDs on the iPods donated by passing American tourists. So he asked me, his blessed disciple, to pass on his blessings and ask only that if you need the real deal on Himalayan Salt audiophile enhancements blessed by a real Guruji then you should seek me out by pm and satisfaction will be yours.

Western Union preferred.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Can someone explain why Himalayan salt is better for this than New York salt? In this area, we're surrounded by some of the best salt mines on the planet.
It sounds more exotic, must be better.

However, let's not have you miss the opportunity to review salt, and maybe sell special audio salt for the lamps at a "reasonable" price. Just claim to have listened to many different types of salt and come up with a special blend. Add something about quantum or nano in the marketing blurb and you should make a fortune. Don't forget to sell an improved power supply unit and special stand for further improvements.

You may want to use a pseudonym when selling this stuff.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I returned my Himalayan Salt Lamps as they emphasized the highs too much. I traded them for some Mediterranean Salt Lamps; sea-level salt provides warmer sound. I tried some Midwestern USA Salt Lamps made from salt blocks used for cow licks but the sound did not moo-ve me.

D

Deleted member 21219

I returned my Himalayan Salt Lamps as they emphasized the highs too much. I traded them for some Mediterranean Salt Lamps; sea-level salt provides warmer sound. I tried some Midwestern USA Salt Lamps made from salt blocks used for cow licks but the sound did not moo-ve me.

You need to use Sea Salt lamps. The highs will be more liquid! :rolleyes:

Jim

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Guruji is weeping. His tears are corrupting the deerskin with which he covers his cruelty-free kusha grass seat. Why? Not for himself, but because his sincere disciple (that would be me) remains without acknowledgement and tribute. In particular, financial tribute. Suffering souls! Open your wallets and guriji will open your ears! Transcendental bliss and at least a 4dB dynamic range improvement guaranteed*

*No monies returned.

boxerfan88

Himalayan salt lamps are decorative lights you can buy for your home. They are carved out of pink Himalayan salt and believed to have various health benefits. In fact, advocates of salt lamps claim they can clean the air in your home, soothe allergies, boost your mood, and help you sleep.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Himalayan salt lamps are decorative lights you can buy for your home. They are carved out of pink Himalayan salt and believed to have various health benefits. In fact, advocates of salt lamps claim they can clean the air in your home, soothe allergies, boost your mood, and help you sleep.

Yeah, the salt people in Ellicottville claim the same thing. No need for that foreign stuff.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
The problem with these Salt Lamps is that they have not been blessed by Guruji. Normal Salt lamps may have some small audible benefit, so long as the salt is genuine Himalayan Salt from the correct confluences of river. These would be not even necessarily be in the order of the confluences of the Ganga from top to bottom. For example, for audio purposes, the Devprayag confluence of the Ganga and Bhagirathi is actually more powerful than the apparently more "senior" confluence at Rudraprayag of the Ganga and Mandakini. Why? Because Rudraprayag is always busy with traffic and comings and goings of pilgrims and is actually very noisy, whereas almost nobody stops at Devprayag and it is mostly really nice and quiet. But all of these distinctions, while important and verifiable, are marginal compared to having the Himalayan Salt endorsed and blessed by a genuine audiophile Sanyasa, moreover one willing to accept disciples and deal with worldly difficulties such as foreign currency and bank transfers, in a true audiophile discipliclic succession. My ASR brothers and sisters, I am disciple of such a Guru. He seeks no fame or wealth but only to enlighten. And he is in deep meditation in the forest, sitting on a little kusha grass, controlling his breathing, listening to old Buddha Bar CDs on the iPods donated by passing American tourists. So he asked me, his blessed disciple, to pass on his blessings and ask only that if you need the real deal on Himalayan Salt audiophile enhancements blessed by a real Guruji then you should seek me out by pm and satisfaction will be yours.

Western Union preferred.

Sir, you win the award for creative writing on ASR. My hat off to you (and Guruji).

Top Bottom