• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hidition Viento-B CIEM personal review

LIΟN

Hello. I recently ordered and received a custom IEM. I'm looking to write a personal review about it. (I'm not professinal reviewer)

aaa.jpg

I custom ordered the Viento B version from a Korean earphone manufacturer called Hidition.
The current exchange rate is uncertain, but the price is 990,000 Korean won. (The R version comes with switches to adjust bass/treble and incurs additional cost.)

Here's the translation of the specifications from the official website:
  • Frequency response: 10Hz - 19,500Hz
  • Driver: 4 balanced armature drivers with a passive 4-way crossover

1715522225999.png

I'm going to break it down into a few parts and write down my impressions.

<Fit>
I used a variety of IEMs before I got into custom earphones, including Etymotic.
I found wearing them deep in front of the secondary curve of the ear to be an unpleasant experience and actually bad for my ears.

hhh.jpg

viewimage.php

And this time, the CIEM matched precisely before the second bend, with no discomfort at all. No discomfort, no pain.
Of course, this is not the same fit as short IEMs or apple earpods with shallow insertion depths.
But it's amazing to be able to fill the canal in my ear and still feel as comfortable as possible.
This will also depend on the movement of your mouth and jaw when you take the earring off. When I took the earring off, I did it with my mouth comfortably closed with nothing in my mouth, so I think it's a very good fit.
I know there are some people who have their mouths slightly open or with something in their mouths.
If you are a singer who sings, it doesn't matter because you open your mouth, but you don't open your mouth when listening to music in general, so I think some users may feel pressure or pain in their ears here.

<Deep and quiet>
This ties in with Fit above.
They seal my ears precisely, so I can turn the earphones clockwise and they're silent the moment I put them on, just like the experience of collecting earwigs. The only sound you hear is your heartbeat. This also helps with the dynamic range when listening to music, which is even better for immersion.
In addition, I could immediately feel that the deep insertion depth pushed the ear canal resonance to high frequencies.

<Few Messurement>
I used a clone 711 that I rented from another user in South Korea. I sealed it with blue tack.
This is not a good preamp, a good meter (Gras or 5128) as Amir and other reviewers use, so the data is only a relative comparison between the IEMs I have. Please note.

1715523417317.png

1.png

After about 8000hz is an issue with the 711 itself.
It smoothly reproduces the widest range of ultra-high frequencies of any IEM I've experienced, see the 5128's ultra-high frequency band below.

1715523494208.png

2.png

In addition, you can see that the overall response (especially in the bass region) is not measured properly when sealed with BlueTac.
This is also true when listening. They fit my ears, but if I don't screw them on correctly, the bass is gone. But when I wore it correctly, I had no problems.

3.png
4.png

The 2nd harmonic is likely a Rode VXlr or Clone 711 microphone issue (this is also common to other IEMs)
When I measured the IEMs with BA drivers, I noticed that the higher order harmonics after the 3rd harmonic were lifted a bit, and some of the IEMs from Seeaudio in particular had enough distortion to make the listening feel very muddy.
But the Viento doesn't seem too bad considering it's 4ba, and I usually listen at 90-100db, and even at the highest volumes I listen to, I don't notice any unpleasant distortion. (The only thing I've heard that was overwhelmingly clean in this area was the MP145). But it's still very good.
Because as soon as I heard Viento, I was like, "Oh, I can get rid of my mp145 now."

1715524188914.png

Blue is Mp145 and Red is VientoB. I turned on cursor highlighting to make it easier to see.
I tried playing two tones at 60hz / 500hz 4:1 on 94db.
I'm not sure how the IMD's two-tone should be applied to the ba driver, but it does give a much different response than the other earphones.

1715524398324.png

Btw, This is mp145 and Apple Earpods.

<Sound>
I'm not impressed with the sound of the IEMs and headphones in general.
There are also differences in tonal balance in the binaural state, and since there is no crosstalk, things like "sense of space" and "sense of stereophony" that some users experience are all dependent on everything going on in the ear and brain information and listening experience.

viewimage.php

viewimage.php

So I always use my own personalized extraction crosstalk information for comparison listening between IEMs and headphones. I could use a generic crosstalk, but it's more accurate to use information about my face. (220~250us). Of course, this would require placing the speaker right next to my ear and extracting crosstalk from my face to accurately correspond to IEMs and headphones, but I just used a general angle.

And the sound of this is pretty amazing - this is fine and normal.
I'm the kind of person who thinks bland sounds the best, so I like it.
The response sounds and feels so relaxed, especially with the lack of 9000HZ. However, if the auricle was made incorrectly when it was harvested, as discussed in the FIT above, it will likely not handle ear canal resonance as well as a typical IEM.

And I play back the BRIR that I measured earlier with the microphone actually in my ear (I always play all my IEMs and headphones this way).
I haven't updated my BRIR in the thread above, but there have been a lot of improvements with XTC.
There was one thing I always craved about IEMs and headphones.
If I say the sound I want is a 1, does it reproduce that 1 exactly like a 1, does it make my brain feel like a 1?

Headphones have a lot of variables, and IEMs are mostly okay because there are a lot of cheap but great ones out there.
However, my concern was that when I tried BRIR with etymotic, I felt like I wasn't hearing my decay correctly(Short things should sound shorter, long late reverberation should sound longer, but it feels like 300ms of decay is arbitrarily cut down to 100ms or so.).
I wasn't sure if it was a brain calibration error from the deep insertion depth or a defect in the device, so I was both excited and concerned about the deep insertion depth of the CIEM.

However, this worry disappeared as soon as I put on the Viento and played a song.
It was almost perfect.

1715525945837.png

Yes. Of course, this still needs a bit of EQ to match the resonance of my ear canal (my recording was mic'd into the secondary flexure).
But even so, a very small amount of EQ was applied, and that shape is the actual response in my ears.
It's pretty close to the absolute value of 1, which is what I think and want.

So I would recommend them for the tonal balance and good fit for those who enjoy regular IEMs, and even more so for those who enjoy personalized BRIR/HRIR like me.
If you have any questions, let me know and I'll answer what I can.

Btw, manufacturer(Hidition) encloses each measurement value when releasing CIEM. Below is mine. I forgot to attach this graph yesterday.

KakaoTalk_20240513_164832389.png

6.png

And it correct the DF calibrated graph in REW to make it easier to see for me.
The match between the left and right is very good.
I've asked a lot of questions since the production process, and there are some things that bothered the company. But they responded very kindly.
I understand that foreign users other than Korea also order a lot of Viento CIEM or Other things.

Back
Top Bottom