• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with measurement data

TjindarSingh

Hi I'm not that good to read measurement data and wondering how this amp behave, they mention snr a weighted don't know what a weighted means please help.

I know the amp is really expensive but let's just discussing the measurement.

OP
TjindarSingh

TjindarSingh

How important is the measurement after a certain point? I've heard amps that I loved that doesn't have more than 83db according to the manufacturer and it sounded amazing " class a sugden ia-4".

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Have a look at this list. 9 Hegel amps listed. Not great performance for the price.

As you said they're likely fine in audible terms, but still why pay that much since there are other nice looking amps out there with better performance and features. Perhaps the NAD M33 if you have 5k to spend.

OP
TjindarSingh

TjindarSingh

Have a look at this list. 9 Hegel amps listed. Not great performance for the price.

As you said they're likely fine in audible terms, but still why pay that much since there are other nice looking amps out there with better performance and features. Perhaps the NAD M33 if you have 5k to spend.
Tried them switching in between and preferd the Hegel. Have other class d amps that probably measure better.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Are you sure?
What's dbr-A stands for?

Schiit Modi+ Stereo USB DAC Measurements.jpg

Sokel

Master Contributor
It should means relative to Amplitude. So that in the graph you have the highest signal on the 0 point and it makes the graph easier to read.

edit: @staticV3 was faster than me :)
I know that about dbr.
But what is the difference between the plain one and dbr-A?
Is it some Audio Presision reference as I understand by @staticV3 's post?

staticV3

Master Contributor
I know that about dbr.
But what is the difference between the plain one and dbr-A?
Is it some Audio Presision reference as I understand by @staticV3 's post?
It's explained in the link I sent you.
On AP analyzers you have dBr-A and dBr-B.
Those are not fixed referenced, but two presets that you can configure to whatever you like.
So dBr (Preset A) and dBr (Preset B)

In any case, they have nothing to do with weighting. Just amplitude references

OP
TjindarSingh

TjindarSingh

It also says 105.6 is that when you use the internal dac?

Top Bottom