• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digital to Digital ‘transports’ ?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Hi-Fi News reviews the latest expensive £4300 digital to digital ‘transport’ ( no inboard dac)
I just don’t understand why anyone would buy one I tried the Grimm MU1 version here, how on earth could it possibly make any difference let alone improvement with any half competently designed ac.
Paul Miller states that the only ‘improvement ‘ is with the very cheapest and poorest dongle dac, £4k to improve a dongle dac!
The subjective section of the review jeez how many more years do we have to put up with this rubbish?
Angry of Tonbridge Wells.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Paul Miller states that the only ‘improvement ‘ is with the very cheapest and poorest dongle dac, £4k to improve a dongle dac!

Yeah, there's tons and tons of products on the market that are designed to supposedly make well performing gear perform even better.

In reality they function more like this:
hovedbeskyttelse-til-b-rn---gra.jpg

Reactions: MKR

KSTR

Major Contributor
I just don’t understand why anyone would buy one
It's a streamer and data format converter and manipulator:
"There is great flexibility in its digital input/output (bridge) functions while user-manipulation of the streams includes DSD-to-LPCM conversion, digital volume and the option of either native, albeit reclocked, or asynchronous/synchronous resampling."

MKR

Major Contributor
Hi-Fi News reviews the latest expensive £4300 digital to digital ‘transport’ ( no inboard dac)
I just don’t understand why anyone would buy one I tried the Grimm MU1 version here, how on earth could it possibly make any difference let alone improvement with any half competently designed ac.
The subjective section of the review jeez how many more years do we have to put up with this rubbish?
Angry of Tonbridge Wells.
Ah c’mon Keith, don’t ya know? It’s all about the noise and jitter :rolleyes:

But that display sure is purty … maybe we can convince WiiM to throw one of those on the Ultra :cool:

TurtlePaul

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am convinced that part of the target market is people buying $50k+ speakers who abhor that anything costing less than a grand could be in their audio system.

Top Bottom