• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone Amp Ideas - Minus DAC

Tortie

Forum Donor
I may take you up on that...after I've had some quality time with my new toy. Pretty sure I made the right decision, as that DX7s has two ES9038's, but is far less powerful on the amp side of things, and that is what I was primarily after. Still, now that there are 6 buyers on MD, the price is $379. Not shabby.

I'm sorry but it appears you bought a bad product a Amir has just recently reviewed one of Audio-GD "highend" models and it did not test well. Audio-GD is now in the same category as Schiit:

https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...d-nfb-27-38-dac-and-headphone-amplifier.2486/

Gabs

Hi,

HOLO AUDIO Cyan of Spring, maybe ?

or maybe GUSTARD A20H ?

Edit : or maybe the Shiit Jotunheim multibit version.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The HeadAmp Gilmore MkII may be one to look into even though it's $499 https://www.headamp.com/order/headamp-gilmore-lite-mk2-class-a-headphone-amplifier/
Nice looking layout inside!

upload_2018-4-11_11-31-40.png

Stump909

Does anyone know if JDS "El Amp" measurements exist in the wild? I'm in a similar boat as OP, but with slightly different spec needs (SE or Balanced, Low output impedance, Line out).

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Does anyone know if JDS "El Amp" measurements exist in the wild? I'm in a similar boat as OP, but with slightly different spec needs (SE or Balanced, Low output impedance, Line out).
Is the amp the same as what is in their EL DAC? If so, I may buy that version to test both parts.

Stump909

Well turns out the JDS El Amp knob does not control the line-out volume. Seems like a silly feature to skimp on. I hate to settle on a Magni 3, but I can't find any alternative.

Stump909

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Top Bottom