• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HDR settings on the Panasonic UB9000

mavster

What HDR setting should you use on the Panasonic UB9000 for use with a Sony mini-LED display?

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
UB9000 Target Luminance:

OLED = 1000 nits
High Luminance Projector = 500 nits
Basic Luminance Projector = 350 nits
Super High Luminance LCD = 1500 nits
Middle or High Luminance LCD = 1000 nits
Basic Luminance LCD = 500 nits

—-

My understanding is that the miniLEDs hit about 1300-1500 nits, so you should be able to use the super high luminance LCD setting. The 1000 nit option might work well if you want to avoid all highlight detail loss.

OP
M

mavster

UB9000 Target Luminance:

OLED = 1000 nits
High Luminance Projector = 500 nits
Basic Luminance Projector = 350 nits
Super High Luminance LCD = 1500 nits
Middle or High Luminance LCD = 1000 nits
Basic Luminance LCD = 500 nits

—-

My understanding is that the miniLEDs hit about 1300-1500 nits, so you should be able to use the super high luminance LCD setting. The 1000 nit option might work well if you want to avoid all highlight detail loss.

OP
M

mavster

Hey GXAlan, thanks a lot for your quick and informed response.
What do you mean by "avoid all highlight detail loss".
When I had the Sony XBR-75X950H, I found when I'm watching sports, at times, you get pictualization with all the rich colours and player movement with the "Still" spectators in the background. I don't know if I have explained it accurately. I understand that "Motion Control Settings" may help with this issue?

Top Bottom