• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphones with 4k player and DAC

Hello everyone. Sorry for my English. I have a panasonic oled hz1000 and a sony ubp x800m2 4k player. I would like to pair it with headphones for use exclusively for listening and watching movies. I was thinking of the Sennheiser HD 660S2 or Audio Technica PRO ATH-R70X or Beyerdynamic DT 990. Question: to make the most of one of these headphones, do I need to combine it with a DAC? The only way I have to connect headphones is via the 3.5mm jack to the Panasonic TV. The 4k player does not have 3.5mm Jack outputs... it only has HDMI and coaxial. I have many blu ray and 4k with DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus tracks and I would like to make the most of them. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

formdissolve

Forum Donor
You can get a nice cheap DAC+Headphone amp (such as Topping brand) and connect via COAX.. that's the quickest and cheapest option. It will also sound MUCH better than the output on the Panasonic TV.

Last edited:
Top Bottom