• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

has amir, Erin, or anyone else ever measured the jamo s803?

Mario Sanchez

I don't think that specific model has been measured yet, however Erin measured the S807 (the bigger floorstander of the same product series) here:
Long story short, "showroom sound" with a rather gratuitous amount of treble lift, not a pretty showing performance-wise...
The looks are pretty clean though.

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I demo'd the S803 head to head with a bunch of sub-$600 speakers two years ago. As I recall it was "ok", nothing too offensive but nothing that endeared me to it especially. The Dali, ELAC Debut Ref, and Monitor Audio speakers I tested it against were all more interesting. Granted the Jamo was the cheapest though at $125 a pair back then, but then I modded a pair of Pioneer BS22's and they definitely sound better for about the same money. I suppose that for the money you aren't going that wrong but I would recommend spending a bit more to get something that you will really like. Also consider that you can basically demo many speakers in this price range for yourself by buying them on Amazon Prime and taking advantage of the free returns. I did that entire demo for free, I think 7 speaker pairs in all, except the DBR62's that I had to pay return shipping on.

Top Bottom