• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Harman tuned UIEM for roundabout 1500 Euro or less

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yea, i find myself using the u12ts whenever I want to use an IEM now. However there almost 7 times the price of the Dusks and aren't harman tuned

I get you. It's called preference. My IEM on my profile pic is 100% Anti-Harman and I prefer that over any IEM as well.

Andromeda-S2-Pre-2020.jpg

Last edited:

F1308

Major Contributor
Yea, i find myself using the u12ts whenever I want to use an IEM now. However there almost 7 times the price of the Dusks and aren't harman tuned
TWELVE drivers !!!!!
Amir, test them !!!!
Please !!!!
Now !!!!

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
TWELVE drivers !!!!!
Amir, test them !!!!
Please !!!!

F1308

Major Contributor
Good job...tested within seconds.
Thank you.

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder what Anti-Harman might mean....

Dip at 2-4 KHz and rise from 4KHz to 8 KHz where as Harman is the opposite. Boost at all bass frequency ranges while Harman is only boost below 100 Hz

F1308

Major Contributor
Mmmmm....
That dip at 3Khz...
Mmmmm....

I am going to ask 1000 more for each of my IEMs recently advertised.

OP
K

KehaDNb

I mean Harman is one thing but has to be also “capable” . Harman alone won’t help

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

Several Chinese-made IEMs have caused quite an upveal in the IEM: They have proven you can get great to SOTA sound below $100.oo. If one is fully invested :)... in ... spending $1000.oo, then, more (financial) power to her/him/they.. They have the money and the right to do whatever they want with it... What is certain, and provable: They won't get better performance. As for fitting those, less than $100.oo, IEMs in most any human ears, there exist a plethora of companies making tips that will fit those ears .. There are even companies that would fabricate tips for a fee, and for special/mutant/unusual ears anatomies ... for much less than $100.oo. .. and, if the financially capable person wants to EQ, then there exist a gizmo that cost less than $125.oo that will do it as well as , again, humanly possible...

If after all these reasonable and provable considerations, the financially-capable individual wants to spend $1000.oo for an IEM, then, there are several companies willing to get the $1000.oo and provide the financially-capable person, with an IEM measurably inferior to the $50.oo TCZ.

Peace

gallionetech

No I m not but offering a 50 bucks Harman tuned iem against a 1000 bucks xelento . Is not fair. There Harman alone does not qualify for good quality
They are pretty great and don’t sound like $50 at all. I was blown away when I heard them for the first time knowing their price.

I recommend you buy a pair as a reference for other IEMs you purchase.

OnLyTNT

This problem can be easily solved. @KehaDNb, since your budget 1500€ and lower, a 50 bucks TCZ won't affect your budget much, you can still continue to pursuit an expensive, favorable IEM, so it doesn't hurt to own both. If you don't like it don't use it for live performance, you can still use them for rehearsal, regular listening etc, therefore your expensive IEM can be kept safe for live performance... Why not?

gallionetech

This problem can be easily solved. @KehaDNb, since your budget 1500€ and lower, a 50 bucks TCZ won't affect your budget much, you can still continue to pursuit an expensive, favorable IEM, so it doesn't hurt to own both. If you don't like it don't use it for live performance, you can still use them for rehearsal, regular listening etc, therefore your expensive IEM can be kept safe for live performance... Why not?
Or you can buy them on Amazon, if you don’t like ‘‘em just send them back. However I just think there good to have around when comparing to other IEMs.

Top Bottom