• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

hmt

That is kind of like saying that the pick up cartridge of an analogue turntable is a totally uninteresting niche of products. After all, all it does is create the analogue signal that goes through your entire audio chain and ends up being what you actually hear. How could a product that does only that possibly be interesting?

One could say the same about cables.

MiRaGe_BG

Hello guys,

I am using Gustard X26 Pro with Genelec G Three + F Two sub. Do I need to look after an AMP to pair it with X26 Pro (something like Topping A90) or I am good to go with the DAC only?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Sorry, forgot to include multitone in the review. It is there now:

index.php

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry, forgot to include multitone in the review. It is there now:

index.php
Thanks! Kind of disappointing given the SINAD and DAC chips used.

Red@

Makes you wonder why Gustard did not bother to update their firmware before this review was posted.... No QC?
Actually it is not an update but a firmware downgrade.
I'm still waiting for an explanation from @gustard

Peternz

One could say the same about cables.

Really? Cables use a stream of ones and zeros or a record groove shape to construct an analogue signal? Where can I get that kind of magic sauce cable?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi friends

After a series of reviews, we have reproduced the reason for this situation.
The USB firmware of this machine (referring to the one measured by AMIRM) is matched with the wrong version. This phenomenon only exists in the USB interface.
As a consumer, I would have rated you good if you had simply said sorry for the failing QC and promised that you will do better in future.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

PeteL

Major Contributor
Sure it is.
I just discovered that kit, since it is relatively new.
Just finding it a strange thing they don't use it for music equipment, only in routers, smartphones, laptops...
Honestly I'm not getting what you mean, there has been products with Bluetooth and wifi without visible antennas for about a decade. Look around, you'll see plenty of those products, it's so obvious I'm not sure where to start, It's all over.

Last edited:

gustard

Audio Company
@gustard ,I flashed the firmware but I noticed that it is a downgrade, as I went from F.1C to F.1A
Can you please tell me what are the consequences of this dowgrade on the usb performance when using ipados or android ?

Hi

A B or C can be understood as a type in another way

If it is a version upgrade, maybe it can be called F.2x F.3x... etc.
We currently define it like this for the time being

There is no difference in performance for using ipados or android, that part is the same

gustard

Audio Company
As a consumer, I would have rated you good if you had simply said sorry for the failing QC and promised that you will do better in future.
We have repeatedly emphasized the importance of inspection in production process management to our employees
We apologize for the errors in the version and promise to strengthen management in the future

alek19000

Hi

A B or C can be understood as a type in another way

If it is a version upgrade, maybe it can be called F.2x F.3x... etc.
We currently define it like this for the time being

There is no difference in performance for using ipados or android, that part is the same

It is easy to check the last modified time of the firmware files, which can tell us whether it is an upgrade or downgrade.
Please show us the A B C firmwares files .

gustard

Audio Company
It is easy to check the last modified time of the firmware files, which can tell us whether it is an upgrade or downgrade.
Please show us the A B C firmwares files .
If there are reasonable reasons, I think I can refuse to show various versions here to avoid confusion.

Because the difference between A B C is actually matching different machine models, it must be inappropriate to put it here.

Judging from time is also invalid, because the development time of the machine varies, and the time for project establishment is also different. Perhaps an earlier firmware time appeared on a machine that was released later.

alek19000

If there are reasonable reasons, I think I can refuse to show various versions here to avoid confusion.

Because the difference between A B C is actually matching different machine models, it must be inappropriate to put it here.

Judging from time is also invalid, because the development time of the machine varies, and the time for project establishment is also different. Perhaps an earlier firmware time appeared on a machine that was released later.
Ashame of you guys ,now you are telling us there are different hardware versions? which measure differently? and you guys messed up the right firmware for the right hardware version?

come on! it is A, then B then C for the software versions from the day software exists, universally. it is written in CMM and ISO standards for software engineering, you are basically tell the world you are amateurs, who in the case build a ' Pro 'product. LOL.

Red@

When you say machine difference. Does that mean thay the firmware f1.a is not for all x26pros but only a specific subset ? Or did I misunderstood ?
How do I verify that I did not flash a wrong version of firmware for my machine ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom