• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GUSTARD S16 Streamer

navin

I was told the S16 is coming in March (after the Chinese New Year).
Happy to report I did get my X16 a week ago, it has a very accurate and precise sound.

Thank you.

What are you using as a music server/streamer/player? Are you using the LVDS (HDMI) inputs?

Have you seen the JF Digtial MX1-Pro?
JF DIGITAL MX-1 MX-PRO MX-DAC audiophiles test compilation - YouTube
It is available for 600 Euros here
JF DIGITAL MX-1PRO Android Drive Streamer I2S USB XMOS SPDIF AES 32bit 768kHz DSD512 - Audiophonics

memyselfandi

JF DIGITAL MX-1 PRO looks good...
but no Tidal/Spotify connect or MQA. I think these are (minimum) features that are necessary in a (modern) streamer. There maybe ways to get Spotify connect or MQA going on Android (I am not sure). It is about the same price as a Bluesound NODE 2i or Volumio Primo and has (a lot) more hardware feature... wish it had MQA and **Connect features - not sure it can compete as a streamer without them.

Last edited:

memyselfandi

Thank you.

What are you using as a music server/streamer/player? Are you using the LVDS (HDMI) inputs?

For the moment I am using my (DAW) PC for (HD streaming). I have ordered a Volumio Primo but they did not have any in stock and also they are still working on the Tidal connect support and that may take some time (~6 months)... So I ordered a Bluesound NODE 2i, as I found an ok price for it. It Should be here next week. The Node2i should be enough for some time... I do hope (Tidal connect via Node2i) sounds as good as roon. As I mentioned before in this thread; roon sucks in so many, many, many ways. Roon feels like I am visiting my great grandfather who has an amazingly cataloged LP collection... I can not believe people including me actually pay for roon it is substandard and archaic in almost every way... but as is Tidal sounds magic via roon's exclusive WASAPI connection to the Gustard X16, so until the Nodi2i is here, I am stack with roon.

navin

For the moment I am using my (DAW) PC for (HD streaming). I have ordered a Volumio Primo but they did not have any in stock and also they are still working on the Tidal connect support and that may take some time (~6 months)...

Doesn't the Volumio Primo have a DAC? Also does it's HDMI output use LVDS (I2S)?

Th0805

Anyone hear anything new on this? Been scouring the web and don’t see anything since this thread really

Kaushama

I contacted Gustard. It would be available next month it seems. However, it looks that it only supports local media playback for the time being. No streaming services support!!! I wonder that would ever be implemented through firmware updates! Gustard is silent on that.

Th0805

I contacted Gustard. It would be available next month it seems. However, it looks that it only supports local media playback for the time being. No streaming services support!!! I wonder that would ever be implemented through firmware updates! Gustard is silent on that.
Any word on price?

DHT 845

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Software is the weak point of the chi-fi players. Some time ago I was waiting for Aune S5 player as it promised to be interesting, but it was very short available and then suddenly discontinued.

hmscott

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Those darned "software licenses", always getting in the way of "profit". ;)

ccd79

Chip shortage. I know a number of audio makers in China are suffering from chip shortage badly. Several of the streamers I search in year 2021 have no LAN port . Ya, a streamer with no LAN port at all. This year 2021, they even change the back panel of the machine to cover the lan port so there is not a hole there that supposed to allow you to pug in your cat5/6/7 cable.

nerekan

Please tell me which gustard upgrade fuse is recommended for S16?
0,63A or 1,6A or 3,15A
ps for x26pro I use 3,15A

Attachments

• PXL_20210602_165921002.jpg
    PXL_20210602_165921002.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A bit less ephemeral than "vaporware."

Maybe "fogware" describes it pretty well.

Abra

To be fair, I call it "the missing chips". Anyhow, I'm interesting in this product. After listening the Gustard X26 PRO at the local dealer, and considering Wolf's measurements, I bought the X26. Because I already have an independent DAC, I don't mind that the S26 do not have DAC chip. I can add external OCXO to the S26 and X26. Good concept from Gustard.

nerekan

was able to start playback from the external usb drive.
S16+C18 via i2s to x26pro balanced to H20 balanced to denon 7200
fantastic sound!

but I can't connect to the NAS.
I don't know Chinese, I use the method of random pressing)
please tell me how to switch the interface to English.

Attachments

• PXL_20210813_222409412.jpg
    PXL_20210813_222409412.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 296
Top Bottom