• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good source for Projector bulbs

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just figured I would start a thread checking to see where everyone gets their bulbs.

I've tried ebay and amazon, only to find that they're almost all fakes that dim after ~500 hours. If it's under $100, then it's probably too good to be true and you run a very large risk of blowing up your projector to save a few bucks. I have a few knockoff's I keep around for when I'm between legit bulbs, but I'm ordering another legit philips/osram to keep on hand. I'm at the year mark after ordering from https://www.myprojectorlamps.com/ , and the bulb for my JVC DLA-HD1 is still going strong without any noticeable loss in brightness.

@MattHooper . Where do you usually go?

sampaul

Before searching for a good source for projector bulbs. You should first check whether your lamp is working fine or not. I have come along with a solution for this and here is the guide on whether a test projector lamp is bad or good. I also have had an issue with my projector bulbs. This guide helped me a lot.

Top Bottom