• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FirstLegion

ERISH2 Product Page

As @amirm and others have confirmed, the Archel 2.5 stands as one at the top of the heap for affordable headphone amplifiers. Then came the Erish (which I own)...Geshelli Labs proclaims to be even better. After beta testing the hand soldered Erish2 (E2), (production units will utilize a professional-grade pick/place machine for better longevity of soldered connections), I'm once again blown away by the even higher levels of clarity, neutrality, soundstage, depth, and instrument separation that is revealed through my headphone collection.
IMG_0122.jpg

Bottom-line, the new E2 will have more power and clarity than it predecessor. The E1 currently is measuring below the limits of a calibrated Audio Precision APX555 Audio Analyzer's measurement capabilities (measured with custom fabricated cables using Mogami wires and Neutrik Connectors); however the E2 is testing even better (measurements available soon)! If all of this sweetness doesn't get you going yet, the E2 now features Balanced Pre Amp Outputs!!!
IMG_0121.jpg

I've put together a little comparison for you to see the differences. Everything not listed is the same as E1:
ERISH Balanced Headphone Amplifier ERISH2 Balanced Headphone Amplifier
2 Dual Channel TI 1656 Op Amp Based Design2 Dual Channel TI 1612 Op Amp Based Design (the highest end opamp TI makes) - the website will be updated before production models go on sale.
Current Power Supply CircuitRedesigned Lower Noise Power Supply Circuit
Impedance 16ohms-600ohmsUnknown right now. I've pushed Hifiman's HE6se V2 nicely (which was thought to require power from CERN :D to sound its best). I still recommend a DAC with a volume control to push it further.
Audio Taper Potentiometer (Dual Gang A100K)Optional Audio Taper Potentiometer (Dual Gang A10K)
LED Control (Red/Blue/Purple/Off)8 LED Colors to Choose From (unknown right now)
1 Watt Per Channel @ 32ohms2 Watts Per Channel @ 32ohms
Powder Coated Aluminum Case with Plexi-Glass Front and Back OR Optional All Plexi-Glass (Contact GL for Current Available Colors)Optional Handcrafted Wooden Case (Multiple Stain Colors Available - See Photo Below)
Balanced XLR Inputs and 4-pin XLR OutputBalanced Pre Amp Outputs Added!

The price for the E2 will be $229.99 for the aluminum case version. In addition to the custom colored aluminum shell cases, Geshelli Labs will soon be offering them in select, handcrafted wood, (based on wood availability and if they become popular or not). Wood upgrade prices are expected to range between $50-$70 respectively.
woodcasenames (1).jpg

Geno and Sherri have always been a joy to work with and talk to. Geshelli Labs customer service is top-notch and shipping is crazy fast, due to their Florida location, (as long as parts are available from suppliers). If you are looking for a truly end-to-end balanced-only headphone amp, I know you will love the E2 when it comes out. Fanboy for the original but endgame for me with the E2.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Has Amir reviewed the Erish? I saw the Archel 2.5 reviewed, did I miss the E1?

MalinYamato

I would love to get a white oak Geshelli. Geshelli Erish was on top of my list but I have bee waiting for too long ......... their Erishes are out of stock cronically. btw, Isnt XLRs out of fashion in favor of smaller stuff like Pentacon 4.4.? There appers to be a balanced plug war going on, Some stick with old style XLR, IFI pushes for 4.4, Topping 6.35, and Khadas for a balanced that looks like a RCA but has an extra pin deep inside. I make a bet on 4.4. Is having huge muscle XLR ports a male macho thing as something to show off?

Last edited:

x-dfo

ERISH2 Product Page

As @amirm and others have confirmed, the Archel 2.5 stands as one at the top of the heap for affordable headphone amplifiers. Then came the Erish (which I own)...Geshelli Labs proclaims to be even better. After beta testing the hand soldered Erish2 (E2), (production units will utilize a professional-grade pick/place machine for better longevity of soldered connections), I'm once again blown away by the even higher levels of clarity, neutrality, soundstage, depth, and instrument separation that is revealed through my headphone collection.
View attachment 159254
Bottom-line, the new E2 will have more power and clarity than it predecessor. The E1 currently is measuring below the limits of a calibrated Audio Precision APX555 Audio Analyzer's measurement capabilities (measured with custom fabricated cables using Mogami wires and Neutrik Connectors); however the E2 is testing even better (measurements available soon)! If all of this sweetness doesn't get you going yet, the E2 now features Balanced Pre Amp Outputs!!!
View attachment 159255

I've put together a little comparison for you to see the differences. Everything not listed is the same as E1:
2 Dual Channel TI 1656 Op Amp Based Design2 Dual Channel TI 1612 Op Amp Based Design (the highest end opamp TI makes) - the website will be updated before production models go on sale.
Impedance 16ohms-600ohmsUnknown right now. I've pushed Hifiman's HE6se V2 nicely (which was thought to require power from CERN :D to sound its best).
Audio Taper Potentiometer (Dual Gang A100K)Optional Audio Taper Potentiometer (Dual Gang A10K)
LED Control (Red/Blue/Purple/Off)8 LED Colors to Choose From (unknown right now)
Powder Coated Aluminum Case with Plexi-Glass Front and Back OR Optional All Plexi-Glass (Contact GL for Current Available Colors)Optional Handcrafted Wooden Case (Multiple Stain Colors Available - See Photo Below)

The price for the E2 will be $229.99 for the aluminum case version. In addition to the custom colored aluminum shell cases, Geshelli Labs will soon be offering them in select, handcrafted wood, (based on wood availability and if they become popular or not). Wood upgrade prices are expected to range between $50-$70 respectively.
View attachment 159250
Geno and Sherri have always been a joy to work with and talk to. Geshelli Labs customer service is top-notch and shipping is crazy fast, due to their Florida location. If you are looking for a balanced-only headphone amp, I know you will love the E2 when it comes out. Fanboy for the original but endgame for me with the E2.
Sounds dope - is there a release date?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I'm once again blown away by the even higher levels of clarity, neutrality, soundstage, depth, and instrument separation that is revealed through my headphone collection.

So... did the previous versions have less clarity (1-4kHz range suckout ?)
Can neutrality improve ? Does neutral exist in multiple types of neutral ?
How can soundstage and depth improve and instrument separation get better ? What properties are responsible for this and can it be shown this improvement is there ?

For ASR readers all you had to mention was higher output power (so different or no DCDC converters) and maybe even lower distortion and balanced XLR out.

OP
FirstLegion

FirstLegion

So... did the previous versions have less clarity (1-4kHz range suckout ?)
Can neutrality improve ? Does neutral exist in multiple types of neutral ?
How can soundstage and depth improve and instrument separation get better ? What properties are responsible for this and can it be shown this improvement is there ?

For ASR readers all you had to mention was higher output power (so different or no DCDC converters) and maybe even lower distortion and balanced XLR out.
No, the E1 was the best that I had heard, until the E2...clarity is exquisite. You'll notice I said, "...that is revealed through my headphone collection." Your entire chain, (DAC, connectors, headphones, etc.), will dictate your final sound. I've carefully chosen every piece, but I have only switched-out the E1 for the E2 to hear a VERY slight difference. You may not hear anything, depending on your setup. The new lower noise power circuit and TI 1612 Op Amp has obviously made the difference. What is "neutral" for me is more than just the measurements - it's the ability to hear the space and the mic capture distances from their original sources. I guess the more pertinent word would be "natural" or true to the source. Since I was there in-person at the recording sessions, for the majority of the reference recordings I use, I know what the original intention of the producers were...what they actually heard making it. I'm a mastering engineer, so any miniscule enhancement in the chain I seem to notice, when others may not.

Last edited:
OP
FirstLegion

FirstLegion

I would love to get a white oak Geshelli. Geshelli Erish was on top of my list but I have bee waiting for too long ......... their Erishes are out of stock cronically. btw, Isnt XLRs out of fashion in favor of smaller stuff like Pentacon 4.4.? There appers to be a balanced plug war going on, Some stick with old style XLR, IFI pushes for 4.4, Topping 6.35, and Khadas for a balanced that looks like a RCA but has an extra pin deep inside. I make a bet on 4.4. Is having huge muscle XLR ports a make macho thing as something to show off?
I’m not aware of what other audio listeners’ reasons are for using or not using XLR connections, but it’s pretty standard in the Pro Audio industry.

I’m certain the 4.4 Pentacon connection will eventually start popping up in studios, but it hasn’t yet. I’m not sure how an XLR or any other input/output connection makes someone macho, nor can I fathom how having them in a piece of gear could be seen as showing off. Thanks for the chuckle.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I’m not aware of what other audio listeners’ reasons are for using or not using XLR connections

Size, price and convenience.

in studios XLR and TRS is the standard connection. XLR is preferred.
These connections will never be replaced by the small 4.4mm Pentaconn but will be added to gear.
Pentaconn is designed for consumers to replace the 3.5mm TRS and 2.5mm TRRS connections.

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
ERISH2 Product Page

View attachment 159254
View attachment 159255

Impedance 16ohms-600ohmsUnknown right now. I've pushed Hifiman's HE6se V2 nicely (which was thought to require power from CERN :D to sound its best). I still recommend a DAC with a volume control to push it further.

View attachment 159250
Geno and Sherri have always been a joy to work with and talk to. Geshelli Labs customer service is top-notch and shipping is crazy fast, due to their Florida location, (as long as parts are available from suppliers). If you are looking for a truly end-to-end balanced-only headphone amp, I know you will love the E2 when it comes out. Fanboy for the original but endgame for me with the E2.

The timber sleeve rebates pictured in your post above don't line up with the depicted perspex panel shapes.

What is all the excitement about?

RHO

Major Contributor

TK750

The timber sleeve rebates pictured in your post above don't line up with the depicted perspex panel shapes.

What is all the excitement about?
I'm not sure if it was tongue in cheek but hopefully this will help to illuminate things =P

1636496605257.png

Skinner001

I do like seeing a small outfit like this make good measuring products. However, think of the Schiit Magnius - sure, the SE performance is not that good, but it's there - now ignore it - it's a balanced AMP that measures well and has a ton more power than this - for 30$ less.

Now, Schiit does have issues of it's own - I don't like their volume pots and the unit to unit variance - not familiar with the Geshelli track record on these. I'd have no issue paying the added price if those were much better.

But overall, I also don't get the excitement - if there are no issues with ground loops and the such, you really don't need balanced at all - and there are plenty of powerful clean amps out right now for this to be quite niche. If you like the style and want to support Geshelli, sure - but otherwise not seeing the excitement here.

Top Bottom