• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8340 for small cafe?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My 2 cents is go for the less expensive 80xx and add more. The GLM is great but are you going to be recalibrating with a few customers and again with a lot? Every time the body count changes the room changes.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My 2 cents is go for the less expensive 80xx and add more. The GLM is great but are you going to be recalibrating with a few customers and again with a lot? Every time the body count changes the room changes.
And let's face it: if they are playing loud enough to tell they are excellent quality, no one will be able to hear others speak.

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Funniest thing is I went to a small office and it sounded good. I asked what they are using.

It was a JBL portable $99 (? - maybe less) thing. It was sitting on a shelf.

These days if you mount a few $10 shelves and sync up a few of these $60 portable speakers it gets the job done.

They simply put it to charge at night and run it all day. It sounds perfect for the space. Mostly bass emphasized and rolled off highs. Just the right balance and people can comfortably converse.

No wiring, no power point, no contractor needed.

Isn’t modern technology great?

Last edited:
Top Bottom