• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

sarieri

Forum Donor
As for the RA3 TPA351 module, it is roughly that of the PA5II readjusted
Right. And so far I haven’t seen ANY tpa325x PFFB alternatives from other companies that’s even close to RA3’s crosstalk, multitone. SINAD is only one dimension of the measurements.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Right. And so far I haven’t seen ANY tpa325x PFFB alternatives from other companies that’s even close to RA3’s crosstalk, multitone. SINAD is only one dimension of the measurements.

Wait for the Sylph FB100 ASR test then will be fixed )
It should surpass it IMHO)

natna

@daniboun @sarieri
Topping haven't said anything about which exactly chip is in the PA5 II...
Archimago said they just said it's not the 3255...

Do you think RA3 has exactly the same setup as the PA5 II?
And how on earth in the RA3 did they manage to achieve such low crosstalk figures, Bettre than Benchmark amp?

Waiting for the alternatives with PFFB, but Sylph's modules are even more expensive to the ones from 3E in EU...
So the final products Fosi's or Sylph's (Audiophonics perhaps) seem that there are going to be on the expensive side.
2 x V3 MONO would be over 400-450 euros.
A stereo version might be a long time ahead.
And I personally gonna need a resonable period of time of at least 3 moths for reliability reasons, in order to buy...

(I have to admit that I'm ready to pull the trigger of a PA5 II. )

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
@daniboun @sarieri
Topping haven't said anything about which exactly chip is in the PA5 II...
Archimago said they just said it's not the 3255...

Do you think RA3 has exactly the same setup as the PA5 II?
And how on earth in the RA3 did they manage to achieve such low crosstalk figures, Bettre than Benchmark amp?

Waiting for the alternatives with PFFB, but Sylph's modules are even more expensive to the ones from 3E in EU...
So the final products Fosi's or Sylph's (Audiophonics perhaps) seem that there are going to be on the expensive side.
2 x V3 MONO would be over 400-450 euros.
A stereo version might be a long time ahead.
And I personally gonna need a resonable period of time of at least 3 moths for reliability reasons, in order to buy...

(I have to admit that I'm ready to pull the trigger of a PA5 II. )

PA5 II is the updated version of PA5 with a best reliabilty (in regard of the OP amps issue)
Pictures of PA5 have been shared here with the TPA3251 chip highlighted.)

Take a look @ my ASH-400 project. I spent $ 280 for that awesome amp )

natna

PA5 II is the updated version of PA5 with a best reliabilty (in regard of the OP amps issue)
Pictures of PA5 have been shared here with the TPA3251 chip highlighted.)

Take a look @ my ASH-400 project. I spent $ 280 for that awesome amp )
Thanx for the info on PA5 II

I have been following your Sylph FB100 project (FB still a 3251 chip) but this stereo module is not available for now on Audiophonics.

And I'm surely not buying anything expensive extra EU for terrible Customs reasons.

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
Thanx for the info on PA5 II

I have been following your Sylph FB100 project (FB still a 3251 chip) but this stereo module is not available for now on Audiophonics.

And I'm surely not buying anything expensive extra EU for terrible Customs reasons.

I am in France ) $ 280 is about 260 euros for a 106db Sinad amp. For me it is a bargain if you have some DIY skills )

Last edited:

tomerus

Dear users,

Can you please help me out? I am totally new in audio and don`t have a system yet. Listening to youtube for music on my samsung smart tv and enjoy watching movies on netflix. I am reading along here for the last couple of weeks and don`t undersatnd everything so please advice. Am I right thinking that a nice beginner setup will be a Fosi za3 or the new mono blocks as discussed in this thread combined with the Wiim pro and the SMSL SU-1? For speakers I can get the KEF Q350`s for a good price. I am a bit confused, the new Fosi mono blocks (which are not released yet) don`t seem to have a volume knob, so that means I control the volume digitally with the remote form the Wiim Pro? The gear will be used in a small living room. Thank you all for your advice. Tom

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Dear users,

Can you please help me out? I am totally new in audio and don`t have a system yet. Listening to youtube for music on my samsung smart tv and enjoy watching movies on netflix. I am reading along here for the last couple of weeks and don`t undersatnd everything so please advice. Am I right thinking that a nice beginner setup will be a Fosi za3 or the new mono blocks as discussed in this thread combined with the Wiim pro and the SMSL SU-1? For speakers I can get the KEF Q350`s for a good price. I am a bit confused, the new Fosi mono blocks (which are not released yet) don`t seem to have a volume knob, so that means I control the volume digitally with the remote form the Wiim Pro? The gear will be used in a small living room. Thank you all for your advice. Tom
Hi, welcome to the site
Your question might get lost in this thread, so if you don't get answers or help consider starting a new one - that would be fine.

The equipment you mention measures well and will sound pretty good. As a starter setup, I would avoid monoblocks - they do not offer any advantages unless you have very specific needs. Having a physical volume control is useful for a number of reasons too.
Speakers make the biggest difference to your sound. Those Kefs are nice.

How do you plan to get music into your system? Just streaming ( in the WiiM) or do you want to include your TV as a source too?
If you want to include your TV and it has HDMI (eARC) output, as most do, then the WiiM Amp becomes a good choice.

tomerus

@JeremyFife Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I am planning to use my tv as a source. I watched the Wiim amp reviews and from my limited understanding the sound quality would be better from seperate components? If so, should it be wise to wait for the Wiim Ultra because it will probably have HDMI eARC? (and use the remote from my tv for volume control) Didn`t know monoblocks wouldn`t give me a better sound quality as a beginner. Again thank you.

JeremyFife

@JeremyFife Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I am planning to use my tv as a source. I watched the Wiim amp reviews and from my limited understanding the sound quality would be better from seperate components? If so, should it be wise to wait for the Wiim Ultra because it will probably have HDMI eARC? (and use the remote from my tv for volume control) Didn`t know monoblocks wouldn`t give me a better sound quality as a beginner. Again thank you.
No worries :)

If you prefer the idea of separates, then it's your system so feel free to go ahead. It won't sound any better but that is not the only thing that matters.
The WiiM Amp has a slight (very slight, probably inaudible) load dependency at high frequencies - but it also has the tools (PEQ) to deal with that.
Inexpensive Amps such as the Fosi also have that issue, which isn't really audible or a worry at all.

Waiting for the WiiM Ultra is also an option. It's an unknown though, I'm sure it will be fine but I seriously doubt that there are any advantages over the WiiM Amp, which you can get now.

Having a WiiM product somewhere in your system brings the huge advantage of adding in PEQ, I think that's the big takeaway. It's not that I'm a fan, it's just quite hard to find this feature without spending more serious money!

natna

What's your current system?

Does your TV have optical or coaxial out?
Optical can have issues synchronizing with certain DACS. Coaxial is better. And HDMI eARC is the best choice with a TV.
HDMI eARC is the way to go if you want to control the volume via the TV's remote.

WiiM Amp has HDMI eARC + Optical in + LAN and measures a bit better than the original V3 and the ZA3. It's DAC is a bit old, though.
So if you want an all in one aproach (for simplicity or less room ) it may be a strong candidate for you.

Cheap DAC + ZA3/V3 stereo combo is almost the same money.
A nice DAC + 2x V3 Mono combo is going to be approx 200 eur more.

Bleib

Major Contributor
So, it's based on the same chip as this one
Would be great to see how they compare

mike70

I think Fosi is planning to offer a PSU with 48v / 10a to feed both mono amps in a stereo configuration

Jeromeof

Forum Donor
I see Fosi have posted more information about the V3 Mono

Zek

Major Contributor
power supply with a splitter.
from Fosi site:
With a power supply splitter cable, a single PSU can supply power to two amps, saving space and maintaining tidiness, offering you more flexible combination solutions.
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 13.58.38.png

Schlippwhip68

I wish they also kept RCA in and proposed both inputs.

morillon

Major Contributor
Post in thread 'Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review' https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...-audio-v3-amplifier-review.45757/post-1932677
only balanced

Last edited:
Top Bottom