• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 95 20.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 362 76.2%

• Total voters

Chrise36

Major Contributor
I suspect clickbait. Williston audio labs pushed them at 2 ohm with no problem. He pushed them where they switched off but perfectly ok after.

Negatywny

For people who want to play loud and long, there are still better products out there...

Yesterday it was impressive that it could go to 2 Ohms ad mentain it for extended period of time, besting like 95% of home audio gear out there, and now its, oh, if you would like to mentain a constant load of 2 ohm for hours it would break. Propably thers better gear for that out there (and thats propably regardles of price), but thats like testing an F22 Raptor and concluding it can't mentain stable geoorbital position for too long, thers better gear for that. Yes there is :D But will you use your F22 Raptor for that, would asume not...

i made best bulletproof vest, its 0,5 kg of weight ant it can withstand 7.62 ammo from 1 meter. Oh yes very nice, now lets see how its going too behave against my flamethrower, cause on the streets you never know...so your vest is useless, lemmy throw it to the trash.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I thought this occurred when he was running the variable load test and that one amp kept going into safety, so he just kept ramming that test up that amp’s (peach emoji) until it could take no more and went into actual thermal overload/thermal failure.

-Ed

I dont know i have absolutly no information. What was the load, at which frequence, what was case temperature. The tpa should go into thermal protect if feels unhappy.

EddNog

I dont know i have absolutly no information. What was the load, at which frequence, what was case temperature. The tpa should go into thermal protect if feels unhappy.
It did. He kept rerunning the test every time it halted the test in safety protection.

It’s like cutting your finger, stopping when it hurts, and then doing it again and again over and over until you’ve hit bone.

-Ed

tomtoo

Major Contributor
It did. He kept rerunning the test every time it halted the test in safety protection.

It’s like cutting your finger, stopping when it hurts, and then doing it again and again over and over until you’ve hit bone.

-Ed

From where is this information ? And why he should do this?

EddNog

From where is this information ? And why he should do this?
Approximately 9:50 or so into the video.

1714748223817.png

-Ed

spandy

Not sure why the vibe was off on his review, but it definitely was oddly dismissive. Class D dogma lives on I guess. Has anyone managed to change the Super Early Bird deal from 10a to 2*5a psus? Or are you all just paying the small increase difference?

EddNog

Their response makes me actually want to try one of their amps.
Yes, exactly. That was a fantastic response on their part!

-Ed

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Why ramped up thats exactly what i would do.
Mostly the 48V 10A is for 2 V3 Monos - they have an option to buy 2 separate 48V 5A power supplies with each mono block or a splitter with the since 48V 10A. Looking at the version Amir tested it was a 48V 5A.

So, I am guessing the 10A on a single V3 Mono is reaching the limit of what it is capably off and then Erin tests obviously found some weak point in their design.

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
View attachment 367354This is what Fosi sent to Erin. Its on the facebook group. It seems they are trying to find the root cause of the issue at least.
Have you understood @Eric Alexander how to react to a critical review in order to attract even more customers instead of making them run away?
#tekton

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Mostly the 48V 10A is for 2 V3 Monos - they have an option to buy 2 separate 48V 5A power supplies with each mono block or a splitter with the since 48V 10A. Looking at the version Amir tested it was a 48V 5A.

So, I am guessing the 10A on a single V3 Mono is reaching the limit of what it is capably off and then Erin tests obviously found some weak point in their design.

Thats all possible and exactly why i like to have more information. There should never be a problem with a PS that can deliver more amps than needet. If it would be like that the amp has a serious proplem. "Weak" point?. Exactly so we have to investigate deeper. And for that more info is needet. From my point of view at least the video at this point is not satisfying. Wilston did a 2Ohm test i think only resistive and no proplem. So what was exactly different? Why the tpa did not switch off? Or was something else the weak part? A cap, a resistor, a induktor? Questions over questions at this point.

Last edited:

ViperDom

Looks like Erin from Erin’s Audio Corner has ascertained that there is, in fact, a measurable improvement using two separate 48V/5A power supplies rather than a single 48V/10A supply for two amps at once:
- Is this "measurable" difference audible?
- If he measured each 5A power supply individually would there also be a "measurable" difference based on the inherent tolerance?

- With individual PSU's is there greater chance of switching frequencies not syncing up?
- With 1 shared PSU are the amps more likely to be synced?

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-mono-power-amplifier/faqs#project_faq_556615

Silly to see people switching their orders without knowing the answers to these questions...

Rafaille

Not sure why the vibe was off on his review, but it definitely was oddly dismissive. Class D dogma lives on I guess. Has anyone managed to change the Super Early Bird deal from 10a to 2*5a psus? Or are you all just paying the small increase difference?
Paying extra I am afraid is your sole option

EddNog

- If he measured each 5A power supply individually would there also be a "measurable" difference based on the inherent tolerance?

- With individual PSU's is there greater chance of switching frequencies not syncing up?

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-mono-power-amplifier/faqs#project_faq_556615

Silly to see people switching their orders without knowing the answers to these questions...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I went with dual 5A PSUs from the get-go, so I am not one of the order-changers.

-Ed

drmevo

It's not silly. For me, part of it is that I might lose interest and forget before this is all sorted out. These things won't be shipping for over a month, after all.

So far, I don't see any advantages to the 10A power supply other than only needing one outlet, and having the ability to add a second 10A down the line if desired. But needing two 10A PSUs right off the bat makes it less appealing to me. Any problems/inconsistencies so far have been with the 10A supply. If it gets fixed completely and I happen to notice, I don't see any reason I can't switch back. You keep you backer number, after all, so you don't lose your place in line for fulfillment.

BossBunos

What I noticed in erins review is the discrepancy in the bass response between his measurements and amir's. It's only a 0.25db difference at 10hz but in erins measurements it starts rolling off below 100hz where in amir's measurements it starts to roll off at 20hz...

Last edited:
Top Bottom