• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

Rate this stereo amplifier

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 33 10.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 90 29.4%

• Total voters

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Extreme_Boky

if you want sub $100 then youre going to have to put up with that kind of BT switching oddness
Have a look at post #25.... There appears to be a proper source selection, via the signal relay. And, I do like the fact that Bluetooth has priority (but only if the Bluetooth source is connected to the amp receiver), which you can override by pressing and holding the volume pot for 5 sec. I think that's a cool feature, something out of the box for around 100 bucks. Anyway, as long as there's only one source connected to amp IC at any point in time... I'm okay with that (which I expected, judging by the specifications and measured results).

DIL8s for OPAmp rolling should bring imense fun as well...

1681193950714.png

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I did a subjective comparison of this with a few of the similar Aiyiima's, that I have the A07 and the A07 Pro:

and while it sounded similar i.e. all these amp's have the same TPA3255 - having the tone controls and IMO a better bluetooth implementation meant I thought this was easily the best of this bunch

Last edited:

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Many thanks to Amir’s honest review and measurements. Happy Easter to Amir and all ASR fans!

We really appreciate ASR which allows us to listen to and gather users’ feedback on our old models. We absorbed a lot from the voices and develop this BT20A Pro. It’s not a perfect amp but we will keep making effort to improve it.

Here we want to give an exclusive 20%-off discount promo code for the BT20A Pro to all ASR fans. (Valid from today to April 30.)
20APROASR20

Hope you will be interested in this new amp!
This is stupidly good for the money. Was this particular one chosen at random for testing by Amir, or did you at least check that it was up to spec before sending it? As someone who's spent far too much on stuff with the "right name" on it, I wonder what you could do for, say, $250, or even $500!

hansik

Yes, but that's with 24V power supply.
I'm looking for the 48V.

I own a pair of old (and low sensitivity) B&W DM14 and I'm looking for min 2x100W 8ohm with tone control.
No, 32V.
In case I need it, I still have a Mean well 48V power supply. But for desktop use it will be fine I think.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Very nice little amp. With the 48V power supply it is a best value in its price x performance x power category.

Can't wait for chip amp makers like TI and Infineon to improve their current offerings. Then hopefully we would get excellent performance chips like the DAC industry already has with ESS and AKM, and we would get plenty of excellent performing cheap amps like we have with 120+ SINAD DACs nowadays. Chip amps are still not there yet compared to high end Purifi and NCoreX, but maybe one day.

Yes, I miss LDAC too, but that's expensive.
As long as it is optional, like a board that the user can install him/herself, those who value this could buy without affecting those who do not want it, right? Fosi could order a batch of LDAC BT boards and offer for sale, and let the market decide.

Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Amir, how hot did the unit get during testing? I didn't see any vents in the case.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
About LDAC
As long as it is optional, like a board that the user can install him/herself, those who value this could buy without affecting those who do not want it, right?
I guess it could be a (paid for) optional firmware update. LDAC is a Codec, so probably purely software.

Top Bottom