• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Flac files

WaltB

I have flac files where the content requires separation of left and right in the headphones. The files are stored on my computer running Windows 7. I'm using V LC media player v.3.0.18. Everything works great. But when I copied the files to my Android devices I lose the separation. I also loaded VLC for Android. I later realized that Android will support flac files. Any idea why I cannot get the separation after the files have been transferred. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thank you all.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Try playing the files via a bit-perfect audio player like USB Audio Player Pro, Hiby Music, or Neutron.

VLC uses the default Android audio pipeline (similar to Direct Sound on Windows), and perhaps there's something in that chain which introduces crosstalk.

The players above will bypass all processing and send the audio to your DAC as-is (having a USB dongle DAC is recommended).

I highly doubt it's the files themselves that were affected by the transfer.

Vincent Kars

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
If you copy a file from a PC to Android, this won't alter a single bit.
If you want to check, copy it back.
Your descriptions sounds like you are hearing stereo on the PC and mono on Android.
Check the accessibility settings on Android, maybe it was set to mono.

OP
W

WaltB

If you copy a file from a PC to Android, this won't alter a single bit.
If you want to check, copy it back.
Your descriptions sounds like you are hearing stereo on the PC and mono on Android.
Check the accessibility settings on Android, maybe it was set to mono.
You nailed it! I didn't know there was a setting for that on Android. You are the best! Great forum! Thank you all!

Top Bottom