• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
We only had one console stereo, an old grundig (which certainly had that fat tube sound, all tube unit) , and my sisters played the sound of music soundtrack until even I knew and liked many of the songs. And I did like the movie at the time, it actually had kids in it, like I was at the time.
My first stereo was a Grundig radiogram as you said they had a lovely fat tube sound. It had a 10 disc record deck pity only had 1 record, a 78 rpm Little Richard double A side Lucille / Keep a Knockin. Spent days aged 13 turning it over and over, feel sorry for my Parents now if not then.

jtgofish

My daughter ... Sophie Gilbert... proud
Beautiful.

And keeping things Scottish-Eddi Reader.One of the greatest singers on the planet in my opinion.

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
some voice polyphony?

Hatis Noit - Illogical Lullaby

Hatis-Noit-feature.jpg

mvleff

Next in line is the delightful track and classic, My Favorite Things by Korean Jazz singer, Youn Sun Nah, from her album, Same Girl

41urVsltFBL.jpg

My version is 88/24 high-resolution version I purchased from HDTracks: http://www.hdtracks.com/youn-sun-nah-same-girl

No lisping. Simple and delightful recording.
I'd like to try to put this back at the head of the line, give it another moment in the sun. It was an early offering on this thread, posted by Amir. I discovered it quite by accident recently and immediately was is love! A remarkable vocalist.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Bleib

Major Contributor

Top Bottom