• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Exciting news from Onkyo and Pioneer: TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705, TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 = Auro 3D + DLBC!

ivo.f.doma

Audyssey and Dirac go a step further in improving impulse behaviour - Dirac in particular, I have found to make a substantial difference to midrange intelligibility, clarity, imaging....
Of course, MCACC PRO also does this, including special processing of subwoofers.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Of course, MCACC PRO also does this, including special processing of subwoofers.
Maybe I should give AccuEQ a go on my Integra - but I am so happy with Dirac... and getting the time for measurements and tuning is difficult in our household!

ivo.f.doma

Maybe I should give AccuEQ a go on my Integra - but I am so happy with Dirac... and getting the time for measurements and tuning is difficult in our household!
Please note that there is a difference between MCACC Advanced and MCACC Pro! I don't know which version AccuEq is equivalent to. But because the Pioneer 505 has Advanced, I assume that to it.
See the instructions for setting MCACC on the attached link.

Let AccuEQ be! I have it as only choice on my Onkyo PR-RZ5100 and it basically does nothing: I've tested it myself with REW and Amir in his in depth review of this preprocessor. Can't wait to get an RZ70 to access the wonderful world of Dirac Live.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
It's up on the website
The power specs do differ between the RZ70 and the 8.4/805... with the RZ70 having a bit less power.

Pictures of the interior also indicate different heatsinks between the RZ70 and the 8.4/805

Would like to know more!

The Pio weighs 500g more than the Onkyo... not enough to be a big deal - may reflect the differences in the output/input boards, and front face

It's up on the website
I've took a look at the spec sheet and the manual. The former states there's "two independent subwoofer outs" (and the pics of the rear panel confirm there's two rca outs for sub1 and sub2) but the manual shows all possible speaker configurations with just one subwoofer (x.1.z).

The RZ-70 has been added to the online store page of Dirac Live site. DLBC licenses are available at $349 for single sub and $499 for multisub ($169 to upgrade from single to multi).
So looks like you can get DLBC multi for $3.300, which is not little money but far less the price of the cheapest AVR I found that supported this feature before (Arcam AVR 21, that is priced more than 4.500€ DLBC license not included).

tsammyc

Sounds like a major error not to have 4 independent sub outs on a Flagship. Denon/Marantz must be pleased

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Sounds like a major error not to have 4 independent sub outs on a Flagship. Denon/Marantz must be pleased
Or perhaps it indicates their target market?

But yes, I expect D&M will take advantage of that!

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How do we know this is "the" flagship?

Really? Who, except those who have a real “home cinema” (those who are set up by specialized companies, usually use professional and not commercial gear and cost 5 zeroes figures), have more than two subs in their living room system?
To make sense to 3-4 subs you must have a very big listening area, with two or three rows of seats, otherwise you are wasting money you could have spent for something more useful to the system.

ArturoKiwi

Really? Who, except those who have a real “home cinema” (those who are set up by specialized companies, usually use professional and not commercial gear and cost 5 zeroes figures), have more than two subs in their living room system?
To make sense to 3-4 subs you must have a very big listening area, with two or three rows of seats, otherwise you are wasting money you could have spent for something more useful to the system.
Many enthusiast that think more is better quality :rolleyes:

EWL5

Agree 100%!

I have one sub but if it were up to my wife, it would be zero! ;)

theBruce

Agree 100%!

I have one sub but if it were up to my wife, it would be zero! ;)
One is all I have room for and I have a very large room, but also have two 3 seater couches in there , which have been taken over by my two Labs.

Also have the tall SVS cylinder sub in there , I cannot imagine needing another.

Top Bottom