• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eris E5 and Kali LP6 Data (in my room). Which data do you guys prefer :-)?

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You provided one external link to a single complaint and the other two links are at ASR and your the author. We trust but verify. When a member makes the claims you have been making essentially since you joined and continues to make complaints and claims that allude to fraudulent business practices we naturally seek supporting evidence. You have failed to provide any evidence beyond your own posts and a singular complaint at another site.

I am going to give you a brief break from posting to consider exactly why you are here.
I did happen upon a user posting a screenshot of an email from Kali's support regarding a known amplifier firmware issue. Whether it is the same issue that suzook describes, I do not know.

index.php

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You provided one external link to a single complaint and the other two links are at ASR and your the author. We trust but verify. When a member makes the claims you have been making essentially since you joined and continues to make complaints and claims that allude to fraudulent business practices we naturally seek supporting evidence. You have failed to provide any evidence beyond your own posts and a singular complaint at another site.

I am going to give you a brief break from posting to consider exactly why you are here.

Kali Audio did confirm some kind of issue here. The accusations about them "leaving monitors on the shelves" and insistence they should recall them all is a bit out of line though. It's not clear to me if the issue is widespread or even audible in all cases.

Regardless, I'm forever puzzled about people who expect perfection from bottom tier budget speakers lol. Many of them have really nasty resonances that are far worse than this and most manufacturers couldn't care less.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I wouldn't say any of that based on a single in-room measurement. From that, you can really only evaluate general tonal balance at moderate level. It doesn't tell you anything about the spatial presentation(how the off-axis sound interacts with the room) nor does it tell you anything about output/compression.

The Kalis I assume have more bass, and definitely have better output due to the larger woofer. It seems like they do probably have better balanced tonality as well. I don't see much of a price difference between the E5s and the LP-6, the E5s are on sale right now but normally it's $300/pr vs $400/pr. To me that's basically no difference so the LP-6 are the obvious pick here, if you have space.

If you're looking for night and day differences between small 2-ways around the same price point, you're definitely not going to find that. The LP-6 is pretty much as good as it gets for its size and price, aside from vertical dispersion.

Kali Audio has addressed this problem in another Thread he was complaining in, and how they plan to correct the problem. It’s just being beat to death now and is going hyperbolic with claims that are not supported. It has become a mission across multiple threads and enough is enough.

Just listened to this; you're hearing the firmware issue with the first run of V2s. We have a fix, and we'll send you new amplifiers with the new firmware in them if you get in touch with customer service. New V2s already have the firmware loaded in. We have been providing new amplifiers with updated firmware to everyone who's raised the issue.

OP
S

Slyman

I wouldn't say any of that based on a single in-room measurement. From that, you can really only evaluate general tonal balance at moderate level. It doesn't tell you anything about the spatial presentation(how the off-axis sound interacts with the room) nor does it tell you anything about output/compression.

The Kalis I assume have more bass, and definitely have better output due to the larger woofer. It seems like they do probably have better balanced tonality as well. I don't see much of a price difference between the E5s and the LP-6, the E5s are on sale right now but normally it's $300/pr vs $400/pr. To me that's basically no difference so the LP-6 are the obvious pick here, if you have space.

If you're looking for night and day differences between small 2-ways around the same price point, you're definitely not going to find that. The LP-6 is pretty much as good as it gets for its size and price, aside from vertical dispersion.
Thanks for your comment. Indeed however the LP-6 is faulty and I cba returning another possibly defect unit so imma stick with the eris e5 and buy the sub8 to get to 30hz.

Next price point i guess is kh80? Do you reckon that would be "night and day difference"? It's a shame jbl has tweeter hiss, otherwise the 308p mkII would have been a cool but big solution.

Top Bottom