• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

End of the audio writers as we know :-)

Newman

Major Contributor
So many of the responses/outputs posted above are obviously drawing on trawling the internet, yet, when I asked it to write a harsh critique of a specific audio cable, it replied:-

I'm sorry, but I am not able to browse the internet to research specific products or provide critiques of specific products. As a language model trained by OpenAI, my abilities are limited to processing and generating text based on the input I receive. I do not have the ability to browse the internet or provide personal opinions on products. My purpose is to assist with general questions and provide information to the best of my abilities based on the information I have been trained on.

Bull.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So many of the responses/outputs posted above are obviously drawing on trawling the internet, yet, when I asked it to write a harsh critique of a specific audio cable, it replied:-

I'm sorry, but I am not able to browse the internet to research specific products or provide critiques of specific products. As a language model trained by OpenAI, my abilities are limited to processing and generating text based on the input I receive. I do not have the ability to browse the internet or provide personal opinions on products. My purpose is to assist with general questions and provide information to the best of my abilities based on the information I have been trained on.

Bull.
Huh. Just like a real reviewer, it lies through its teeth.

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I can imagine sarumbear siting at night before sleep and writing prompts:
"Why diffusers are vastly superior"
"Why silver 5L is on of the best speakers ever made"
"Why sarumbear has the most knowledge on how to properly treat a home theater"

;)

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
write a scene of seinfeld where someone explains how vta adjustment of the tonearm is crucial. include audience laughter.

Jerry: So, I was at the record store the other day and I saw this guy adjusting the tonearm on the turntable.

Elaine: Oh, yeah. That's called VTA adjustment. It's crucial for getting the best sound from your vinyl records.

George: Really? I had no idea.

Kramer: Yeah, I heard it makes a big difference in the depth and clarity of the sound.

Jerry: I had no idea. I just thought it was some sort of weird OCD thing people did with their vinyl.

Elaine: No, it's actually really important. You have to adjust the tonearm to the correct angle in relation to the record to get the best sound.

George: Wow, I never would have thought about that.

Kramer: Yeah, me neither. I just thought vinyl was vinyl.

(audience laughter)

Jerry: I guess we've been missing out all these years.

Elaine: Yeah, I'll definitely have to start adjusting my tonearm.

George: Same here.

Kramer: Me too.

(more audience laughter)

Newman

Major Contributor
I can imagine sarumbear siting at night before sleep and writing prompts:
"Why diffusers are vastly superior"
"Why silver 5L is on of the best speakers ever made"
"Why sarumbear has the most knowledge on how to properly treat a home theater"

;)
Laugh of the day!

Now imagine Fremer doing the same…

Ra1zel

Now imagine Fremer doing the same…
Why vinyl is vastly superior?
Why Michael Fremer is the best at setting up a turntable?
Write a convincing essay how 60k tonearm and 20k cartridge are actually very reasonable

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
Give it a few years and it'll be refusing to open the pod bay doors and then we're all screwed.

We've learned nothing from 1970s science fiction. Nothing.
You just have to ask it the right way:

th (2).jpg

Lift the pod bay veils, please, Hal

thought I'd never get to use this one again:D

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Give it a few years and it'll be refusing to open the pod bay doors and then we're all screwed.

We've learned nothing from 1970s science fiction. Nothing.
Don’t worry there is no intelligence in AI.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That depends on your definition of intelligence. An AI can beat you perfectly well in probably the majority of games. Doesn’t that make it intelligent in some way?

Is the chat bot intelligent? Probably not. It cannot come up with new information based on what it “knows”. It can only distil from what it’s been fed. In that sense it really “knows” nothing… very Jon Snow like … it just numerically and statistically puts words together in a way that makes sense. It’s quite fascinating.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That depends on your definition of intelligence. An AI can beat you perfectly well in probably the majority of games. Doesn’t that make it intelligent in some way?
Intelligence means the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills. AI can do neither.

Ra1zel

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

We’re very close to inventing General Intelligence, i wouldn’t write it out just yet.

As for specific intelligence (but again this text based AI is barely specific at this point) its obvious that this is AI is very very convincing.

That’s not really new, obviously AI has been surpassing us in specific tasks for decades now, but this is very close to general intelligence right now. Give that AI an account on this forum and it would take us years to figure out that it is a bot.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Intelligence means the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills. AI can do neither.
It can upto a point. It can learn how you play your game and come up with new strategies to beat you. It can do that within the context and limitation it was given. It can not expand beyond those.

At least that’s what is generally possible today. State of art research is further than that. We don’t know where it goes. Progress on AI grows exponentially.
Slide1.png

Newman

Major Contributor
There’s certainly no intelligence in that logic. An AI machine that fails an old definition of intelligence that was written for animals, can still fail to open the pod doors…if we put it in charge of them.

Ra1zel

We’re very close to inventing General Intelligence, i wouldn’t write it out just yet.
Yeah but the problem is that we are just as close to general AI as we are close to fusion power, the smart heads say 20 years.

They said the same 50 years ago.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah but the problem is that we are just as close to general AI as we are close to fusion power, the smart heads say 20 years.

They said the same 50 years ago.
Like we had the processing power of a human brain like 5 years ago. Idk who was preaching that we should have had general intelligence 30 years ago lmao.

Ra1zel

Like we had the processing power of a human brain like 5 years ago.
Well that's pretty meaningless, pretty sure we could have million times that yet still no general intelligence, heck we still don't even know how consciousness emerges in human brain.

Idk who was preaching that we should have had general intelligence 30 years ago lmao.
Idk too but I would bet 10 bucks that Raymond Kurzweil did lol

Top Bottom