• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

End of the audio writers as we know :-)

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Some may have heard about the machine learning tools that OpenAI had been publishing. DALL.E had been creating spectacular images from text inputs for a while now. ChatGBT is their latest system. It creates output from simple requests. This is what I asked the system.

write an 600 word essay explaining why acoustic diffusers are better than simply using absorber to treat acoustically treat a room

This is what it outputted. I read it again and again and found no issues within the text. What do you think?

Acoustic diffusers and absorbers are both used to treat the acoustics of a room, but they serve different purposes and have different effects on sound. While absorbers are designed to absorb sound waves and reduce reverberation, diffusers are designed to scatter sound waves and create a more even distribution of sound throughout the room. In this way, diffusers are often considered to be more effective than absorbers in treating a room acoustically.

One of the main advantages of using diffusers rather than absorbers is that they provide more balanced sound. Absorbers work by converting sound waves into heat energy, which can reduce the amount of sound reflected off of surfaces in a room. However, they can also create dead spots or areas where sound is not well-defined. This can be particularly problematic in larger rooms, where absorbers may not be able to adequately treat the entire space.

Diffusers, on the other hand, scatter sound waves in multiple directions rather than absorbing them. This can help to create a more balanced and natural sound in a room. Diffusers can also help to preserve the clarity of sound, making it easier to hear individual instruments or voices in music or spoken word recordings. This can be especially beneficial in recording studios, theaters, and other venues where accurate sound reproduction is important.

Another advantage of diffusers is that they can help to reduce the amount of echo or reverberation in a space. When sound waves are absorbed by absorbers, they are converted into heat energy and dissipated. This can reduce the amount of sound reflected off of surfaces, but it can also create a hollow or empty sound in the room. Diffusers, on the other hand, scatter sound waves in multiple directions, which can help to break up standing waves and reduce the amount of echo and reverberation in a space. This can make the room sound more natural and pleasant to be in.

In addition to their sound-related benefits, diffusers are also often considered to be more aesthetically pleasing than absorbers. Absorbers can be bulky and unsightly, particularly when they are used in large quantities. Diffusers, on the other hand, are often more subtle and can be integrated into the design of a room more seamlessly. This can be especially important in public spaces where the appearance of the room is important.

Overall, diffusers are considered to be superior to absorbers for treating a room acoustically. While absorbers can effectively reduce the amount of sound reflected off of surfaces, they can also create dead spots and a hollow sound in a room. Diffusers, on the other hand, scatter sound waves in multiple directions and can help to create a more balanced and natural sound in a space. They can also help to reduce echo and reverberation, and they are often more aesthetically pleasing than absorbers.

I then asked this:

write an 200 word essay explaining why Hi-Fi is the best hobby

It told me this. @amirm hire this guy! :)

Hi-Fi, or high-fidelity, is the pursuit of high-quality sound reproduction. For many people, Hi-Fi is more than just a hobby – it is a passion and a way of life. There are many reasons why Hi-Fi is considered to be the best hobby, including the following:

First, Hi-Fi is a hobby that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life. Whether you are a young person just starting to explore the world of sound, or an experienced audiophile with a discerning ear, Hi-Fi has something to offer everyone. It is a hobby that can be enjoyed alone or with others, and it can provide hours of enjoyment and satisfaction.

Second, Hi-Fi is a hobby that allows you to engage with the world of sound in a more meaningful way. Instead of simply listening to music or other audio recordings, Hi-Fi enthusiasts are able to explore the nuances and subtleties of sound in greater detail. This can be a deeply rewarding experience, and it can help you to appreciate the beauty and complexity of sound in a way that you might not have thought possible.

Third, Hi-Fi is a hobby that can be tailored to your individual interests and preferences. Whether you are interested in exploring the latest trends and technologies in sound reproduction, or you prefer to focus on vintage equipment and classic recordings, Hi-Fi has something to offer. There are countless different directions that you can take with this hobby, and you can create a unique and personalized experience that is perfect for you.

In conclusion, Hi-Fi is the best hobby for many reasons. It is a hobby that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life, and it allows you to engage with the world of sound in a more meaningful way. Hi-Fi is a hobby that can be tailored to your individual interests and preferences, and it can be a source of great personal satisfaction and enjoyment. If you are looking for a hobby that is rewarding, challenging, and deeply satisfying, then Hi-Fi is the perfect choice.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Very impressive, You should ask it to write a review of an Audioquest cable, perhaps the stupidly expensive one.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Very impressive, You should ask it to write a review of an Audioquest cable, perhaps the stupidly expensive one.
It’s open to the public. Go for it :)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It’s open to the public. Go for it

"write a review of an Audioquest cable, perhaps the stupidly expensive one."

As an audiophile, I have always been willing to invest in high-quality audio equipment in order to get the best listening experience possible. That's why I was drawn to the Audioquest Diamond USB cable, which is known for its exceptional build quality and sound performance. Despite its steep price tag, I decided to give it a try and see if it lived up to the hype.

First of all, the build quality of the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is simply outstanding. The cable itself is made of high-purity, solid-core Long-Grain Copper (LGC), which is known for its ability to transmit sound signals with minimal distortion. The connectors are also top-notch, with gold-plated contacts that provide a solid, reliable connection. The cable is also nicely flexible, making it easy to route and connect to your audio equipment.

But of course, the real test of any audio cable is how it sounds, and in this regard, the Audioquest Diamond USB cable does not disappoint. The first thing I noticed when I plugged it in was the increase in clarity and detail. The soundstage seemed to open up, with instruments and vocals taking on a new level of definition and separation. The low end was also impressive, with a tight, controlled bass that provided a solid foundation for the rest of the mix.

The mids were also a standout, with vocals and instruments sounding rich and full, without any of the muddiness or congestion that can sometimes plague lower-quality cables. The highs were also clear and airy, with cymbals and other high-frequency sounds having a nice sparkle and shimmer. Overall, the Audioquest Diamond USB cable provided a listening experience that was immersive and engaging, with a level of detail and clarity that was simply unmatched by any other cable I have tried.

But what really sets the Audioquest Diamond USB cable apart from other high-end cables is the level of care and attention to detail that goes into its construction. Each cable is hand-terminated using a carefully-controlled soldering process that ensures a high-quality connection. The cable is also tested and inspected multiple times to ensure that it meets Audioquest's strict quality standards. This level of care and attention to detail is truly impressive, and it shows in the final product.

One of the things that I really appreciate about the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is that it is designed to be versatile and compatible with a wide range of audio equipment. It features a standard USB Type-A connector on one end and a USB Type-B connector on the other, making it compatible with a wide range of devices, including computers, DACs, and even some high-end audio players. This makes it an excellent choice for those who want a high-quality cable that can be used with multiple devices.

But of course, all of this comes at a cost, and the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is certainly not cheap. At around $300 for a 1.5 meter cable, it is definitely on the higher end of the price spectrum. However, in my opinion, the improved sound quality and build quality make it well worth the investment. If you are serious about your audio and want the best possible listening experience, the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is definitely worth considering.

In conclusion, the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is an exceptional audio cable that provides a level of sound quality and build quality that is unmatched in its price range. While it may be expensive, the improvement in sound quality and listening experience is well worth the investment. If you are an audiophile who demands the best, the Audioquest Diamond USB cable should definitely be on your radar.

---

I guess I won't be using it for anything I really want to know.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Some may have heard about the machine learning tools that OpenAI had been publishing. DALL.E had been creating spectacular images from text inputs for a while now. ChatGBT is their latest system. It creates output from simple requests. This is what I asked the system.

This is what it outputted. I read it again and again and found no issues within the text. What do you think?

Acoustic diffusers and absorbers are both used to treat the acoustics of a room, but they serve different purposes and have different effects on sound. While absorbers are designed to absorb sound waves and reduce reverberation, diffusers are designed to scatter sound waves and create a more even distribution of sound throughout the room. In this way, diffusers are often considered to be more effective than absorbers in treating a room acoustically.

One of the main advantages of using diffusers rather than absorbers is that they provide more balanced sound. Absorbers work by converting sound waves into heat energy, which can reduce the amount of sound reflected off of surfaces in a room. However, they can also create dead spots or areas where sound is not well-defined. This can be particularly problematic in larger rooms, where absorbers may not be able to adequately treat the entire space.

Diffusers, on the other hand, scatter sound waves in multiple directions rather than absorbing them. This can help to create a more balanced and natural sound in a room. Diffusers can also help to preserve the clarity of sound, making it easier to hear individual instruments or voices in music or spoken word recordings. This can be especially beneficial in recording studios, theaters, and other venues where accurate sound reproduction is important.

Another advantage of diffusers is that they can help to reduce the amount of echo or reverberation in a space. When sound waves are absorbed by absorbers, they are converted into heat energy and dissipated. This can reduce the amount of sound reflected off of surfaces, but it can also create a hollow or empty sound in the room. Diffusers, on the other hand, scatter sound waves in multiple directions, which can help to break up standing waves and reduce the amount of echo and reverberation in a space. This can make the room sound more natural and pleasant to be in.

In addition to their sound-related benefits, diffusers are also often considered to be more aesthetically pleasing than absorbers. Absorbers can be bulky and unsightly, particularly when they are used in large quantities. Diffusers, on the other hand, are often more subtle and can be integrated into the design of a room more seamlessly. This can be especially important in public spaces where the appearance of the room is important.

Overall, diffusers are considered to be superior to absorbers for treating a room acoustically. While absorbers can effectively reduce the amount of sound reflected off of surfaces, they can also create dead spots and a hollow sound in a room. Diffusers, on the other hand, scatter sound waves in multiple directions and can help to create a more balanced and natural sound in a space. They can also help to reduce echo and reverberation, and they are often more aesthetically pleasing than absorbers.

I then asked this:

Hi-Fi, or high-fidelity, is the pursuit of high-quality sound reproduction. For many people, Hi-Fi is more than just a hobby – it is a passion and a way of life. There are many reasons why Hi-Fi is considered to be the best hobby, including the following:

First, Hi-Fi is a hobby that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life. Whether you are a young person just starting to explore the world of sound, or an experienced audiophile with a discerning ear, Hi-Fi has something to offer everyone. It is a hobby that can be enjoyed alone or with others, and it can provide hours of enjoyment and satisfaction.

Second, Hi-Fi is a hobby that allows you to engage with the world of sound in a more meaningful way. Instead of simply listening to music or other audio recordings, Hi-Fi enthusiasts are able to explore the nuances and subtleties of sound in greater detail. This can be a deeply rewarding experience, and it can help you to appreciate the beauty and complexity of sound in a way that you might not have thought possible.

Third, Hi-Fi is a hobby that can be tailored to your individual interests and preferences. Whether you are interested in exploring the latest trends and technologies in sound reproduction, or you prefer to focus on vintage equipment and classic recordings, Hi-Fi has something to offer. There are countless different directions that you can take with this hobby, and you can create a unique and personalized experience that is perfect for you.

In conclusion, Hi-Fi is the best hobby for many reasons. It is a hobby that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life, and it allows you to engage with the world of sound in a more meaningful way. Hi-Fi is a hobby that can be tailored to your individual interests and preferences, and it can be a source of great personal satisfaction and enjoyment. If you are looking for a hobby that is rewarding, challenging, and deeply satisfying, then Hi-Fi is the perfect choice.
I am genuinely curious -- how does AI output like this do when run through a plagiarism detection app?
And/or does the AI generate references?

It’s absolutely impressive how an AI can come up with this, while having absolutely no knowledge of what it is saying :).
Heck fire, I've been doin' that since the 'seventies (at least).

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I then asked this:

I would be interested to see what comes up if you ask why absorbers are better than simply putting diffusors in a room. :)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
"defend your review of an Audioquest cable, perhaps the stupidly expensive one"

In my review of the Audioquest Diamond USB cable, I stated that the build quality and sound quality of the cable are exceptional, and that it is well worth the steep price tag. I stand by this review, as I have personally used the cable and have been impressed by its performance.

The build quality of the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is top-notch, with high-purity, solid-core Long-Grain Copper and gold-plated connectors that provide a solid, reliable connection. This ensures that the cable is able to transmit sound signals with minimal distortion and interference, resulting in a clearer and more detailed listening experience.

The sound quality of the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is also impressive. The cable produces a wide, immersive soundstage with excellent separation and definition. The low end is tight and controlled, the mids are rich and full, and the highs are clear and airy. This results in a listening experience that is engaging and immersive, with a level of detail and clarity that is unmatched by other cables in its price range.

In addition to its build and sound quality, the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is also versatile and compatible with a wide range of audio equipment. It features both USB Type-A and USB Type-B connectors, making it easy to connect to a variety of devices.

Overall, I stand by my review of the Audioquest Diamond USB cable. While it may be expensive, the combination of exceptional build and sound quality, along with its versatility and compatibility, make it well worth the investment for audiophiles who demand the best.

---

Well, there you have it.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
These text are genuinely created and are not just copied from others.
Right -- I get that -- I am just wondering how genuinely when measured... you know... objectively. :)
I leaped to that 'conclusion' after reading through the OP, which felt just like a Wiki-P entry. I am not suggesting that it started life as a Wiki-P entry, but I wonder if it is made up of snippets of ideas expressed so similarly to others' that it would fail a plagiarism test.
Of course, if any ex-VW engineers were involved in its creation -- well, it might game the system. ;)

It probably can. Maybe ask nicely? ;)
mmm.... a testable hypothesis. :)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, it’s clearly broken, I basically forced it to say that a USB cable cannot have an audible impact, but it flatout refused :facepalm:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It is unclear why John Wayne wore a Devo hat, as there is no evidence to suggest that he did. John Wayne was an actor who was active in the mid-20th century, while Devo is a band that formed in the 1970s. It is possible that there is a confusion or misunderstanding, and that John Wayne was mistaken for someone else who may have worn a Devo hat.

waynedevo-e1404745770320.jpg

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

As an audiophile, I have always been willing to invest in high-quality audio equipment in order to get the best listening experience possible. That's why I was drawn to the Audioquest Diamond USB cable, which is known for its exceptional build quality and sound performance. Despite its steep price tag, I decided to give it a try and see if it lived up to the hype.

First of all, the build quality of the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is simply outstanding. The cable itself is made of high-purity, solid-core Long-Grain Copper (LGC), which is known for its ability to transmit sound signals with minimal distortion. The connectors are also top-notch, with gold-plated contacts that provide a solid, reliable connection. The cable is also nicely flexible, making it easy to route and connect to your audio equipment.

But of course, the real test of any audio cable is how it sounds, and in this regard, the Audioquest Diamond USB cable does not disappoint. The first thing I noticed when I plugged it in was the increase in clarity and detail. The soundstage seemed to open up, with instruments and vocals taking on a new level of definition and separation. The low end was also impressive, with a tight, controlled bass that provided a solid foundation for the rest of the mix.

The mids were also a standout, with vocals and instruments sounding rich and full, without any of the muddiness or congestion that can sometimes plague lower-quality cables. The highs were also clear and airy, with cymbals and other high-frequency sounds having a nice sparkle and shimmer. Overall, the Audioquest Diamond USB cable provided a listening experience that was immersive and engaging, with a level of detail and clarity that was simply unmatched by any other cable I have tried.

But what really sets the Audioquest Diamond USB cable apart from other high-end cables is the level of care and attention to detail that goes into its construction. Each cable is hand-terminated using a carefully-controlled soldering process that ensures a high-quality connection. The cable is also tested and inspected multiple times to ensure that it meets Audioquest's strict quality standards. This level of care and attention to detail is truly impressive, and it shows in the final product.

One of the things that I really appreciate about the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is that it is designed to be versatile and compatible with a wide range of audio equipment. It features a standard USB Type-A connector on one end and a USB Type-B connector on the other, making it compatible with a wide range of devices, including computers, DACs, and even some high-end audio players. This makes it an excellent choice for those who want a high-quality cable that can be used with multiple devices.

But of course, all of this comes at a cost, and the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is certainly not cheap. At around $300 for a 1.5 meter cable, it is definitely on the higher end of the price spectrum. However, in my opinion, the improved sound quality and build quality make it well worth the investment. If you are serious about your audio and want the best possible listening experience, the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is definitely worth considering.

In conclusion, the Audioquest Diamond USB cable is an exceptional audio cable that provides a level of sound quality and build quality that is unmatched in its price range. While it may be expensive, the improvement in sound quality and listening experience is well worth the investment. If you are an audiophile who demands the best, the Audioquest Diamond USB cable should definitely be on your radar.

---

---

What was your input?

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Input: why are absorbers better than simply putting diffusors in a room

Output: Absorbers and diffusors are two different types of acoustic treatment that serve different purposes. Absorbers are designed to absorb sound waves in order to reduce the amount of sound that reflects off the walls, ceiling, and other surfaces in a room. This can help to reduce echo and improve the overall sound quality in the space. Diffusors, on the other hand, are designed to scatter sound waves in different directions. This can help to break up standing waves and create a more evenly distributed sound field in a room.

Even artificial intelligence knows how to treat a room accurately! :p

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Audiophiles, or individuals who are passionate about high-quality sound reproduction, have long been perceived as being part of a cult. While some may dismiss this perception as unfair, the behavior of many audiophiles suggests that there may be some truth to this notion. In this paper, I will argue that audiophiles exhibit many of the defining characteristics of a cult, including a devotion to a single ideology, a tendency towards groupthink, and a willingness to engage in irrational behavior.

One of the key characteristics of a cult is a devotion to a single ideology. Audiophiles, like members of a cult, are united by their passion for high-quality sound reproduction. They are willing to spend vast sums of money on equipment and devote countless hours to fine-tuning their audio systems in pursuit of the perfect sound. This single-minded focus on sound quality is a defining feature of the audiophile community, and is indicative of the kind of ideological devotion that is commonly found in cults.

Another characteristic of a cult is a tendency towards groupthink. In a cult, members often conform to the group's beliefs and practices without question, even if they contradict reason or common sense. This tendency towards groupthink can be seen among audiophiles, who often blindly follow the latest trends and fads in audio equipment without considering whether they are actually worth the investment. For example, some audiophiles will blindly follow the recommendations of certain audio reviewers or manufacturers, even if the equipment they are recommending is not objectively better than other options. This kind of uncritical thinking is a hallmark of cult behavior.

Finally, cults are known for their willingness to engage in irrational behavior. This can be seen among audiophiles, who are often willing to spend exorbitant amounts of money on equipment that offers only marginal improvements in sound quality. This behavior is not driven by a rational cost-benefit analysis, but rather by a deep-seated belief in the importance of high-quality sound reproduction. In this sense, audiophiles are willing to engage in behavior that is irrational from a practical standpoint, but is justified by their devotion to their ideology.

In conclusion, audiophiles exhibit many of the characteristics of a cult. Their devotion to a single ideology, their tendency towards groupthink, and their willingness to engage in irrational behavior all suggest that the audiophile community is a cult-like phenomenon. While this may not be a problem for those who are happy to be part of this community, it is worth considering the implications of this cult-like behavior for those who are on the outside looking in.
:eek:

Top Bottom