• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Streao is absolutely flawed. There is no argument. It’s sad that it comes down to that one person thing.

There is a subconscious energy that is expended on making stereo real. Some systems resolve that.

Imho those systems resolve the fundamental issue.

Things like tight bass etc are simply icing on the cake and come at considerable cost.

Not really worth it past getting beyond using subconscious energy to resolve stereo.

benanders

Streao is absolutely flawed. There is no argument. It’s sad that it comes down to that one person thing.

There is a subconscious energy that is expended on making stereo real. Some systems resolve that.

Imho those systems resolve the fundamental issue.

Things like tight bass etc are simply icing on the cake and come at considerable cost.

Not really worth it past getting beyond using subconscious energy to resolve stereo.
Battery pack sold separately
49E003CE-5DF1-4EFD-B114-3520D23380BC.jpeg

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I found it a bit less "sad" and less "a one person thing" when I had the MBL Omnis. I'd let guests have the sweetest spot, but I and others could still enjoy much of what they heard even from off-axis seating.

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I found it a bit less "sad" and less "a one person thing" when I had the MBL Omnis. I'd let guests have the sweetest spot, but I and others could still enjoy much of what they heard even from off-axis seating.
Whether it is “sad” depends on a lot of factors. Personal recharge time is a good thing. Depends a lot on what you do the rest of the time too.

Are you on a computer all day? Is your role public facing? So I suppose each person has room for both solo and social music consumption.

Audiophile music sort of is a personal endeavor. Maybe multichannel can help turn it into a group activity. My personal preferences in groups is to play cards games or something like that.

MBL great concept. Very $$$$.

Edit: Even if I were hosting in the same room as my main system (which is my only room for such purposes) I would pull down some HomePods for the musical entertainment instead of the main system.

I used to have 9 of them running in mono mode around my living room. It was a cool experience.

Last edited:

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Edit: Even if I were hosting in the same room as my main system (which is my only room for such purposes) I would pull down some HomePods for the musical entertainment instead of the main system.

I used to have 9 of them running in mono mode around my living room. It was a cool experience.
When I was a young, all us kids would bring our battery powered radios to the public pool and tune them to same channel. It was awesome!

I love your approach with the pods!

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
@MKR

Thanks for the heads-up! But, Legacy has been dropped from consideration. But still the Aeris (and larger System V) are great speakers (subjectively, hardly any measurements of them). If not for other higher ranked on my short list, they would still be contenders!

flysouth

if they both fit your bill what makes one better than the other if you can hear yet?

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
if they both fit your bill what makes one better than the other if you can hear yet?
Not sure I am following. Please elaborate and would be happy to explain (or at least make an attempt to explain ;))

flysouth

two contenders are proto…how will you choose? Anechoic response or in room…which data science or is it other factors

8bits

MKR I have to commend you on your politeness and willingness to respond to every poster in this thread (which I assume you also will do the courtesy to me) with such grace and aplomb. I never have seen you be aggressive or nasty to any person in this forum, which by all accounts is nothing short of a miracle, even more so in here, where things escalate very quickly in my view.

That's it, nothing related to audio at all, I follow this thread just to learn from you on how to deal with people and be a good online person really.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
MKR I have to commend you on your politeness and willingness to respond to every poster in this thread (which I assume you also will do the courtesy to me) with such grace and aplomb. I never have seen you be aggressive or nasty to any person in this forum, which by all accounts is nothing short of a miracle, even more so in here, where things escalate very quickly in my view.

That's it, nothing related to audio at all, I follow this thread just to learn from you on how to deal with people and be a good online person really.
I think he got annoyed only once when I mentioned Genelec twice , but that happened just because I'm senile and don't remember what I comment lol
But yeah I agree with your comment

Reactions: MKR

dagfinn

Interesting quest, don't we all desire to do this? Didn't read your previous thread fully, but my fantasy has already been suggested, 1238a+7380 sub. Don't know if you've heard them? I haven't - I'll never have the cash, and I am already very happy with what I've got, thankfully.

Just remember to make your room nice, I love the silence of mine when music is not playing. I don't like to hear dishwashers or the echoes of my own presence in the room. I like to emulate a studio room for "in room" monitoring. Not dead, but controlled both modes and reflections. In stead of treatment products, I resurfaced/rebuilt some walls, have thick carpet and huge futon sofa in the room.

Here's my fantasy ;). Nice playlist, btw - lots of deep bass, smooth productions and comfy sound :). You really need something big :D.
1709799665042.png

Sorry for the bad Photoshop, but Genelec should consider some veneer for these...

Dagfinn

Top Bottom