• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronics learning/tutorials videos for newbies - #1 eevblog's opamps tutorial

MCH

Major Contributor
We all know that there are zillions of educational electronics videos in the internet. It is also true that many of them are not so good and it is sometimes difficult to find something decent in YouTube.

I recently revisited this eevblog classic about opamps, that I believe is the most viewed of the channel. I don't have the knowledge to assess if it is good or bull****, but I found it easy to watch and at the right level for a newbie like me.

If you have any favourite videos that you think are worth watching to follow the discussions in this forum or for the diy noob, please post them!

Last edited:
OP
M

MCH

Major Contributor
This one is much more specific and probably only interesting for people doing diy. But I find it very helpful as it explains stuff that you won't easily find put together.
Phil's lab how to chose the right SMD capacitor:

OP
M

MCH

Major Contributor
This one is not really about electronics, well it is not even a single video but a series of 9 of them about Digital Signal Processing.

I am sure there are better ones, suggestions are very much welcome, but as someone that has no idea on the subject, i found these have the right level and are very well done and not super boring to watch. Also the fact that they are divided into 9 episodes of 20 minutes or less helps a lot. The videos don't have many views, what i find surprising. The whole thing looks a lot like a professor's covid project, and it is indeed a very cool one, thank you Youngmoo Kim.

Intro video:

Full series:

Last edited:

middlemarch

Forum Donor
We all know that there are zillions of educational electronics videos in the internet. It is also true that many of them are not so good and it is sometimes difficult to find something decent in YouTube.

I recently revisited this eevblog classic about opamps, that I believe is the most viewed of the channel. I don't have the knowledge to assess if it is good or bull****, but I found it easy to watch and at the right level for a newbie like me.

If you have any favourite videos that you think are worth watching to follow the discussions in this forum or for the diy noob, please post them!
This guy is definitely not bullshit. In fact, he is really more in the same vein as ASR, in that he spends a good part of his blog exposing outlandish claims in the electronics/electrical arena. I'm an electrical engineer and used to frequent his blog a lot, love his accent, but he started getting repetitive. There's only so much material you can rake over before it becomes increasingly difficult to come up with fresh topics

OP
M

MCH

Major Contributor
This guy is definitely not bullshit. In fact, he is really more in the same vein as ASR, in that he spends a good part of his blog exposing outlandish claims in the electronics/electrical arena. I'm an electrical engineer and used to frequent his blog a lot, love his accent, but he started getting repetitive. There's only so much material you can rake over before it becomes increasingly difficult to come up with fresh topics
My wife can't stand the way he talks ("you watching this again?"). I do like it, but better in small portions.
It would be interesting to have someone reviewing build quality of audio gear and explanations of how they work the way he does his teardowns.

Last edited:

middlemarch

Forum Donor
Can't say I disagree with your wife, that high pitch takes some getting used to, like the accent, not the pitch...

Agree it would be terrific to add his teardown skills to Amir's reviews, we can only hope

OP
M

MCH

Major Contributor
LDO regulators. They are always there, specially if you have a DAC or similar. And there are so many in many different packages...
This video shows us newbies what to look at. But what i like the most is that he goes a step beyond and shows as well how to lay down the traces to avoid issues.

And as bonus, this guy shows how flex PCBs are made with quite some detail. I always find these factory tours fascinating. I always wanted to find a project for a flex PCB, but they don't come cheap, and now i understand why...

Top Bottom