• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I've been a bit rude and not yet read the entire thread [i'll do it shortly], how about an Australian artist "Golden Features". Listen to 'Runner'. I bought some of his work due to that track being the audio for a car commercial. I was instantly hooked.

Forum Donor
Oooh, has anyone attended any of the 'Tomorrowland' events? I'm so far away from these and stinkin' jealous if you did :) Just love, love this snippet from 2017 [Alesso vs coldplay vs the chainsmokers]

Forum Donor
Hhhmm, I could get kicked off the thread for suggesting some 'mods'. I mean s3m, it and xm tracks. All time fav. is 'Euphoria / Existence' is pure progressive bliss. It's a track by Blue Lunar x Vortex, goes for 27 minutes!!. Superb craftsmanship in tracking probably done on a 'FastTracker 2 ' engine. Style is club/trance, 130bpm. About 3.2Mb file to download which is huge for a mod file. Of course, this is decades old and you'll probably need milkytracker to appreciate the work that goes into composing stuff like this. amazing.
With my searching skills I just can't locate a vid for that but... here's a much shorter one by them, which is goa/trance and not my cuppa.
If anyone could find the 'proper' video i'd be a very happy chappy.

Forum Donor
If you like documentaries I recommend 808.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2268622/

808 is a documentary film about the inspiring story of the Roland TR-808 drum machine. It's the tale of the birth of electronic music, and how one small machine changed the musical...
thanks for that. I also recommend watching a demoscene doco "The Art Of The Algorithms". Fascinating to see where music/coding and computers make their entry into the music world.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Top Bottom