• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronic music: K371 or HE400SE or Sundara or HD560S or?

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Closed and not great build quality.
Hifiman quality is also something to be desire. But I agree it's probably bigger issue with AKG. My pair broken (left driver stopped working) after month or so, got replacement and been okay since then.
If eq and power is not an issue go with Hifiman. If power is limited or/and you cannot do EQ go with akg.

bevok

I wouldn’t toss the idea of the K371 out too quickly. I suspect the build issues might be resolved now, the pair I got recently are fine for their price (ie they’re made out of plastic but are solid enough, comfortable and light) and they’re really well tuned. Some say they have a bit too much bass but that would be easy to fix if not to your preference. Personally the bass is an asset! I like them and they’re great value.
Not to say the other options aren’t good, just I think the build quality thing might be a bit out of date or overstated.

Top Bottom