• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Effect of Cannabis use on hearing

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Surprised more people don't dry vape flower. Much healthier than combustion and don't have to worry about what solvent the concentrate is cut with. I suppose the devices are fiddly.

henologist

I tolerate some vaping (I thought my old water pipe was smoother but hey, i gave that up)
A dry herb vape into a water pipe is the way to go these days. My setup for years was an Arizer Extreme Q with DDave glass/silicone tubing to a cheap bubbler that could have another whip output to pass around with groups. I recently upgraded to one of the new fangled ball vapes (a Flowerpot B1 injector from VGoodiez) and it's even better for taking milky hits out of a big piece, the closest a vape has ever gotten to taking a lighter to a normal water pipe in my experience. A lot of the portable dry herb vapes have adapters to standard 14/18mm glass joints too.

I also tried THCa flower recently, it's worth a shot if you're in the States. Arete Hemp's outdoor selections are a great value if your tolerance isn't too high. It's pretty much indistinguishable from the real thing, much better than the softer D8 and the delayed come-on of acetylated THC (THC-O), and since it's flower you're still getting your terpenes and entourage effects.

JRS

Major Contributor
A dry herb vape into a water pipe is the way to go these days. My setup for years was an Arizer Extreme Q with DDave glass/silicone tubing to a cheap bubbler that could have another whip output to pass around with groups. I recently upgraded to one of the new fangled ball vapes (a Flowerpot B1 injector from VGoodiez) and it's even better for taking milky hits out of a big piece, the closest a vape has ever gotten to taking a lighter to a normal water pipe in my experience. A lot of the portable dry herb vapes have adapters to standard 14/18mm glass joints too.

I also tried THCa flower recently, it's worth a shot if you're in the States. Arete Hemp's outdoor selections are a great value if your tolerance isn't too high. It's pretty much indistinguishable from the real thing, much better than the softer D8 and the delayed come-on of acetylated THC (THC-O), and since it's flower you're still getting your terpenes and entourage effects.
Sounds like they have upped the tech since I did bhang hits in the seventies.

henologist

I was thinking the same thing. :-D Have you taken a look at the product? I am about to spend $250... :-D
If you end up ordering through VGoodiez, I'd recommend getting the "Cannabis Hardware Threaded Stand" as part of the package (keeps it secure while it's heating/cooling and acts as a big heat sink) and the extra "Borosilicate Injector Pass-Through Chamber" with the steel mesh screen (better bowl than what comes with the Flowerpot, built-in carb so you can easily clear your piece) and some "Hard Rim Basket Screens" as an extra layer of protection on the bottom of the injector bowl. I liked the core package well enough by itself, but having a better bowl with a carb and the extra basket screen pushed it over the top. VGoodiez constantly has sales on most of its accessories, so check those pages on their site out before ordering.

Ebay is full of quality cheap glass stocked in the US these days, just avoid anything painted. For the Flowerpot, I got a big multi-chambered water pipe from a seller in California for $40 or so.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ebay is full of quality cheap glass stocked in the US these days, just avoid anything painted. For the Flowerpot, I got a big multi-chambered water pipe from a seller in California for $40 or so.
Yes the glass stuff painted and glazed with mirror finish colors are totally unusable because one cannot see the smoke in the pipe and they don't know what the pipe is doing. Get clear glass stuff.

JRS

Major Contributor
I was thinking the same thing. :-D Have you taken a look at the product? I am about to spend $250...
Holding off for now--too many audio purchases as I am finding myself having to start anew from scratch and with little discretionary income now that I'm not working. Picked up a ten year old Integra AVR on the cheap that has 5 ch x 100, pre outs and bi-amping capability. Almost went with R3's. Went with the cheap--Elac Reference Debut 62's (good deal!) instead. Now I am a turning point. Still looking for a place to live so not idea of listening area dims. I do have a Topping DX3 Pro+ that allows me to stream from my PC via usb to the DX3 which will be RC volume and then into a line input on the Integra. Thats missing on the integra--has USB slot and can read and play files but not on the go.

The debate is whether to start with BACCH entry level or Dirac Live PC license. The BACCH DSP is 1000 + a mini-mac= $1800. (And that is the toe dip, real deal is 5k USD. Ouch).
Either I start there or end up there. I have no doubt that the there is the future of audio, and it's developer a bona fide genius. But to start probably go with the DL. Maybe a bit of room treatment depending...

$2. dose of edibles works wonders for me so long as I use no more than 3x/wk. Being alone and retired I don't want that to become the focus of my existence, at least not yet.
Cheers,
and let us all know how that works out.
John

D

Deleted member 58722

Surprised more people don't dry vape flower. Much healthier than combustion and don't have to worry about what solvent the concentrate is cut with. I suppose the devices are fiddly.
Nothing fiddly… I use PAX.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you think that's fiddly, how do you manage with all this techy audio stuff?
Hypocrisy is the most common vice. Well played.

lowmagnet

Of course... I didn't otherwise imply... however, it's far better, consistent, stress free, cheaper and easier (free home delivery) now, than since I started in 1970. If THC were SINAD... strains would be exceeding 120, actually exceeding 20% THC level, which is conveniently put on every package of cannabis. Back in the day... that potency data wasn't available to the consumer. I'm serious about a golden age.
I tend toward 26% stuff a lot, but with high Caryophyllene content, which leaves you pretty clear.
I've a pax and it's great! Though most of the time I combust because of habit, and it takes a lot to pack a pax full. Does seems to go farther though.

D

Deleted member 58722

I tend toward 26% stuff a lot, but with high Caryophyllene content, which leaves you pretty clear.

I've a pax and it's great! Though most of the time I combust because of habit, and it takes a lot to pack a pax full. Does seems to go farther though.
Coupla buds to fill, lasts well longer..... Excuse me while I...........

D

Deleted member 58722

Coupla buds to fill, lasts well longer..... Excuse me while I...........
and, back... yeah, I like to combust too, but gave up tobacco some time ago. Though I do partake if there's a spliff going round..

Peterinvan

I was thinking the same thing. :-D Have you taken a look at the product? I am about to spend $250... :-D
You can make a dry leave vaporizer for $40. Google DIY vape using soldering iron

henologist

There are also DIY ball vapes (like the Pinky) out there, but I was too paranoid about doing something wrong and ending up with a few dozen blazing hot ruby balls rolling around my floor to go that route.

Top Bottom